So after seeing responses to last night’s post about cutting back on blogging and not knowing what to put on here. Most people wanted me to talk about myself, which might take a little time. The main reason is because I’m a dull individual outside of my writing. Here’s my weekday:
- Wake up.
- Get son ready for school.
- Get son on bus.
- Finish Internet stuff.
- Maybe bike.
- Maybe errands that I try to walk to.
- Writing, editing, and maintaining Internet stuff.
- Son comes home for homework.
- Play with son until shower time.
- Finish writing, editing, or whatever until sleep.
- Repeat in morning.
Doesn’t sound very interesting and weekends tend to include me trying desperately to get away from the house. I guess what trips me up is that I don’t really know how to present myself here. The writing is a core piece of my personality even outside of the computer. I can get into discussions about movies and TV, but that’s usually a back-and-forth. Again, I think I’m really dull and boring here. So I’m going to have to try and I’ll start personal posts up in November. A lot of it might end up being from my past when I actually had some kind of life. Anything current will probably be a spontaneous post.
So here is what I’m thinking:
- Monday- Post about myself with a story or something that happened over the weekend.
- Wednesday- Some aspect of writing because I do need to be an author at some point on here.
- Friday- A fictional skit like my character’s chatting or a scenario like the Olde Shoppe things that at least I enjoy writing.
- Saturday- Goal post.
This means the Works in Progress will be going away unless I need feedback. Character interviews and origins will go away unless someone requests them. To be fair, I only have one major player in Legends of Windemere left to do an origin post for and that one hasn’t debuted yet. The focus might end up being more on trying to make myself believe I’m interesting and ignoring the real-world results of talking about myself.
Keep in mind this will be in the future. October has already been set up to some extent, but I am hoping to do another ‘Monster Maker Fun’ week for Halloween. I’d drop down to the 4 times a week in November, but dammit I want my 2 years of unbroken posting.
Guess I’ll post life events if anything turns up.