I don’t even want to look at my goal list since I didn’t accomplish anything in terms of writing. Too many medical things and then a lot of stuff with the kid. I need to hunker down and prep for Legends of Windemere: Path of the Traitors, which could come out as soon as this week. (Never mind. Just realized it won’t be any earlier than the following week.) Don’t hold your breath too much because the following day-by-day is going to show why this week didn’t go to plan.
Laundry and trying to rest after the family event last Saturday and a long week. I actually had to ask the wife what happened since I forgot. Tried to get some outlining done for the Sin story, but I also had to do some errands and cleaning. Didn’t even get Act 3 done and it’s stayed that way ever since. Did get to start watching ‘The Tick’ on Amazon Prime, which I hope to finish tonight. The wife was also without a phone during the weekend, which made for an interesting time.
It was raining so not much happened beyond playing with Legos and checking out the newest grocery store. It’s called Stew Leonards and is known for its fresh stuff, so I didn’t find a lot of brand things. The lunch buffet was good, but pricey and that’s really the extent of my day. My plan was going to be reading ‘Black Cat’, but I only had Volumes 1 and then 4-10. Had to wait until 2 and 3 came into the library from another one. The night was martial arts for the kid and he’s still having a lot of fun. He’s 3 classes away from getting his first stripe too.
My time with the sleep apnea doctor, which took me a few minutes to remember. Good news is that no adjustments are needed. Bad news is that my body might take a while to get used to it. I average 4-5 hours of sleep, but I’m starting to inch toward 5.5-6. My body isn’t used to getting so much oxygen while I sleep too, so it’s a tad disorienting. The afternoon was lounging around and playing with Legos again. The kid had his second to last swimming lesson too and it was raining, so a slow day isn’t too bad.
Uh . . . I taped ‘Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker’ and we watched it with lunch. Can’t remember if anything else happened here besides martial arts again. Geez, this week just carried on, but this day led into a really rough one.
I’ve had these scaly, red blotches on my legs for a while and they tend to come back strong during the summer. Even though I had a lot of father/son stuff planned, I decided to start the day by going to the doctor. Say hello to lifelong medical issue #3: Psoriasis! They were set off by stress and sunlight, so I’m using lotion to clear it. This goes along with my I.B.S. that wrecks me when stressed and the sleep apnea that probably increases my stress. This is one of the reason I’ve had trouble focusing on writing.
After this, we had breakfast at Dunkin Donuts since I went running out to the doctor as soon as the clinic opened. Then it was off to a small fish hatchery and aquarium, which the munchkin had a blast at. There weren’t a lot of animals there, but you get to feed the trout and he loved seeing them splash after the pellets. He loved watching the gar too because he only knew them from Wild Kratts. These were smaller, but he was still fascinated by them.
Nearby Burger King for lunch and then a Whaling Museum, but it was really small and didn’t hold the kid’s interest. This is actually the main reason we went to the area and I just happened to remember the fish hatchery was nearby. The museum was doing a build-a-boat thing from 2-4 PM, which was mentioned out loud and led to him really wanting to do it. Fun with hot glue guns even though it was really hard keeping him occupied for long enough to make it. Of course, he wanted to go around the museum when it was time to head home and grab my medicine. This was the busiest day of the week and drained a lot of my energy.
Oh yeah, the day didn’t end after that. Remember me mentioning that I was waiting for Volumes 2 & 3 of ‘Black Cat’? Still nothing after a week even though all of them were coming from the same library. I called and was told that they couldn’t find the books even though the system said they were there. Since it wasn’t my local library, I couldn’t do much . . . except for taking a drive over there. As the reference librarian was showing me to the manga section, I walked by a display . . . for manga. I guess the YA/Children’s librarian set it up and people forgot? Either way, 2 & 3 were there and I can continue reading the series.
Library because the kid’s books were due and he opted for a bunch of chapter books this time around. Going to be interesting since he’s still scared of them, but willing to try with help. Add in some food shopping and a bunch of playing with bubbles then you have to rest of my day.
- Tomorrow is going to be a long family day at the zoo. I won’t be doing much online stuff until the evening. They have some new baby monkeys and burrowing owls there now. Early departure to make sure we don’t miss anything.
- School starts up on Wednesday, which means getting back on a new schedule that includes homework. I’ll be getting things ready before then for both my son and myself.
- Possibly release Legends of Windemere: Path of the Traitors. We’ll see how things go, but I’d like to do it right before the weekend if I can get everything together by then. Hate to admit it, but my mind is already drifting toward the finale, which is unfair to Book 14. It’s just that the end is so close that it’s feeling like a psychic screw that’s repeatedly twisting into my brain. (As stated, this goal is being delayed.)
- Start writing War of Nytefall: Loyalty. I’m really nervous about this one because it’s like starting from scratch. I keep saying this, but now it’s only 5 days away unless I take Wednesday to mentally prepare. With everything else going on, it might take me a little extra time to finish this. There are a lot of days off during the first half of the school year. I will probably only talk about this series on Saturdays since I still have ‘Legends’ to focus on.
- Going to try and post about Monster Maker later in the week to get some volunteers. I guess it’s good that I have most of October set, so my mind is more free to hunker down on Clyde’s big debut. Honestly, Clyde has been around almost as long as Luke Callindor and I think he’s only a month or two younger. Still, I did use Clyde in more venues and games than Luke, so it evens out. My point is that this monster has been kept on ice since 1998 and I’m not sure what will happen when he finally comes out to play.
- The usual biking, cooking, parenting, and miscellaneous.