First, War of Nytefall is on sale for the month of October. All 3 books have gone down to 99 cents. If the response is good then I might keep it longer or even make Legends of Windemere 99 cents across the board. So far, I’ve seen a small blip and I’m not going to do more than mention it on social media. Pick up copies or mention it to people who are looking for some vampire fun.
This was an odd week because it was a 4-day weekend and then 3 days of work. So, I spent more time with my son than at school. The trade-off is that he’s with his mom for the next 2 weekends. I made sure to do a lot of fun things for him. I’ll just do the day by day to make things easy:
- Saturday– We went to see ‘Abominable’ in theaters. This was a great movie and I think I prefer Dreamworks animations to all others. Fun story, memorable characters, great action/effects, and genuine tear-jerking moments. Nothing feels forced here. After that, we played Super Smash Brothers Ultimate to relax for the day.
- Sunday– Went to see ‘Lion King’ on Broadway with my parents. My son had a blast and this means he’s seen all the Disney shows. Now, he says he has no reason to go back to Broadway. We’ll see what happens there. The show was amazing even though the story didn’t have the same action as ‘Aladdin’ or set pieces as ‘Frozen’. ‘Lion King’ wins in terms of costumes and the actors including animal actions in their movements. The lion actors do kind of move like you would expect a lion to. The combination of puppetry and costumes helped immensely with this. Seeing the elephant (pretty close, if not exactly, full sized) come up the stairs out of the audience area was surprising. I knew they were dressed like animals, but this was something else. My son got a little antsy in the second act because it’s the longest of the 3 plays, but he made it to the end then devoured his dinner when we got back to Long Island.
- Monday– This was a resting day because I promised LEGO Harry Potter time. I needed to do laundry too. We watched ‘Teen Titans Go to the Movies’, which was okay. I heard it was better than the episodes, but I guess that isn’t saying much in terms of story and characterization. At least my son enjoyed it, but he went right back to the more serious original series by dinner time.
- Tuesday– The last day of the 4-day weekend was at the zoo. We saw a lot of the animals and even got onto the monorail without having to wait. Not much else can be said other than it was a fun day. It left me tired for the work days, but we haven’t been to the zoo since the Spring.
I can’t really say anything about work since I don’t want to share the lives of my students on here. Next week is Yom Kippur, which is on Wednesday. That means I’ll be off on that day and not eating. I think I have another Windemere Monster post ready to go, but I’m going to be a rarity until that evening. My son is going to be home and he’s hard to keep up with when I’m starving. Might just toss ‘Symphony of the Night’ into the PS2 and play that. I don’t have many other games and the Nintendo Switch is my son’s, so I can only do those with him. I wish I still had ‘Prince of Persia: Sands of Time’, but that went with the ex-wife. Offered her a trade, but she didn’t agree. Before anyone suggests it, I’ve tried writing during Yom Kippur and that’s always a mistake. I’m too used to eating and drinking while working, so it doesn’t work as a distraction.
My plan for this weekend is to do a few more of the Tuesday profiles for Legends of Windemere today. I will go back to the War of Nytefall: Ravenous outline tonight and tomorrow. My hope is to finish it up and start writing next weekend. It’s difficult because I did a 75% rewrite. A big part is that I gave a character a drug addiction and I’m still not sure how that is going to work out. In fact, I paused at the point where I had them do something big. I have a haircut appointment in 30 minutes, so I’ll be thinking about it once I get home. Once I finish the outline, I plan on either finishing more of the profile posts are tinkering with the fantasy tip book. Contrary to what I thought, I haven’t had any time during school to look at it. Weird since I have a free and lunch period, but I socialize at those times.
Goals of the week?
- Do more of the Legends of Windemere profiles.
- Complete War of Nytefall: Ravenous outline
- Yom Kippur survival.
- Fantasy tip book tinkering.
- Willy Wonka puzzle.
- Various appointments.
- Probably should do laundry.
- Really try to do the biking more often.
- Watch more ‘Disenchantment’. Not bad, but I like ‘Futurama’ more.