One Day I’ll Make These Posts about Goals . . . Not Today

Okay, I understand I’ve been turning this into a weekly rant.  This is really the only place I put aside for life stuff, so crap tends to come out.  This week isn’t any different and I’m going to be trying to explain the most recent mess.

My wife does temping and I do writing, which means no health insurance from those.  We have been under a state program since the job loss of 2015.  This isn’t something we’re happy about, but you can’t survive without insurance unless you have enough money to buy a private island.  Yeah, I’m getting bitter.  Anyway, we found out Monday that we’re getting dropped by the end of the month.  There was crying, rage, cursing, and the usual stuff that comes with getting a steel-toed boot to the groin.  We spent the week trying to get our newer information in and begging to be made a priority.  The wife did most of the talking since my job confuses them and it was clear that I was more interested in screaming at people.  This is a time where those automated telemarketers come in oddly handy.  I yelled at ‘Bridget’ for a good five minutes to feel better.

Now the crux of the issue revolves around the kid.  He has a dentist appointment in late April, which is both a cleaning and the start of something harrowing.  Last time, we found out that he had a 25th baby tooth (most people have 24) and the extra was heading in an odd direction.  From the look of the x-ray, it was going up to his eye or something.  We’ll find out more in April, but that tooth has to go no matter what.  That means oral surgery this summer and we really would like insurance to cover some of that.  He’ll have to be put under, which is stressful enough.  Adding the fear that the whole thing will cost an entire college fund doesn’t help.

So, it’s been a really bad week that resulted in me doing more errands and cleaning than writing.  So Ritual of the Lost Lamb is still in the works and should be done at some point next week.  I have 1.5 chapters left and today is out because it’s a zoo day as long as the weather holds.  Tomorrow might allow me to get a little work done.  I won’t be holding my breath since every speck of time seems to call for the universe to bend me over the coals.  There are other headaches going on that are keeping my mood down and not much chance to be free of it.  You can only shrug off so much.

Hoping to see ‘Batman vs Superman’ next weekend since my birthday weekend (April 9th) is busy with appointments.  That and a birthday party for a younger generation of cousin that Aidan is very excited about.  If only they had stuff like bouncy castles for adult parties, which sounded cleaner in my head.

So, what’s the plan for the week?

1. 2 more days of Aidan’s break.
  2. Finish writing first draft of Ritual of the Lost Lamb
  3. Review outline for Path of the Traitors
  4. Start character designs for Chasing Bedlam.  Yes, I’m going to write the sequel even though the first one is bombing.
  5. Prepare for a special change in April.
  6. Go over the superhero stories because they’re bugging me again.
  7. The usual stuff.
  8. Pray things go smoothly for once, but accept that 2016 is shaping up to be a shit year.

This entry was posted in Goal Posts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to One Day I’ll Make These Posts about Goals . . . Not Today

1. Fingers crossed for you.

2. C.E.Robinson says:

Charles, good thoughts that all goes better than expected. Happier days ahead. 💛 Elizabeth

3. Oloriel says:

I am sorry to hear things are going so crap for you, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out good and shapes up for the better.
    I know what you mean about dentist. I have the crazy luck of having an amazing dentist as a godfather to my cousin, otherwise I honestly dread even entering their offices.

• We should be getting some news tomorrow. Good or bad is up to fate, destiny, or whatever has decided to repeated pimp smack us in the face.

Dental coverage is so minuscule and rare. It’s so strange that companies don’t want to cover teeth, which are an important part of the body.

4. adeleulnais says:

My fingers are crossed for you. Its shit luck about the medical insurance. We`ve had to go through similar stuff here in the UK, I can only hope and pray that it gets better for you and that your boy gets his tooth out with no problems.

• Thanks. Insurance has been a run of shit luck for a few years. Every claim has been argued in the hopes we won’t fight back. We’ve had to switch doctors due to sudden changes. It’s ridiculous that this stress has to be added onto what comes with simply getting sick or injured.

5. Hope all works out.

Insurance companies are the mafia in suits, government or private. I just had a procedure followed by a surgery and even with insurance our costs could have paid off my car. Argh! (Not to mention the cost of the insurance in the first place!)

Adult bouncy house. LMAO. We have a local one. It’s in Eustis, FL and the name is Ranch4Play. That club name got worked into my novel in a couple of places. hehe

• Think I’d have more respect for the mafia. They’ll break your knees or thumbs, but I don’t believe they’d plunge 3 generations of your family into crippling debt. 😉

I’ll have to remember that if I’m ever in that area.

7. Sounds like quite a week, both last and next, good luck. I love automated telemarketers myself, though the live ones can be fun to confuse as well.

8. Sacha Black says:

Oh Charles I’m sorry you’re having such a crappy start to the year. I really hope everything gets better soon

9. Poor Bridget. She should be paid extra for the therapy session.

Oh Charles. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this. I also am on the state program and have had to yell at people. So unfair! I truly hope you won’t be dropped. I also hope this week is better.

11. JR says:

I really think you might find this helpful. Good luck

12. JR says:

You might find this helpful. Good luck. https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/child_health_plus/
    (sorry if this multi-posts, I wasn’t sure if it went through)