An Unexpected Delay in . . . Here

Fry Meme

Fry Meme

First, an apology that I won’t have a teaser going up today.  Getting very hard to pick out of everything and not sure how to change that.  Also check out below.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  I got maybe an hour sleep and I don’t know why, but I did notice my stomach giving me issues.  Was it stress?  Was it the old cake that was pulled out of the freezer for consumption?  Was it the severe lack or disruption of sleep I’ve dealt with for two weeks?

Probably everything, but I want to touch on that last one.  (EDIT: Apparently, the cake was a major factor and has been filed.)  The weather constantly changing and making me run through the gamut of pajama types isn’t helping.  Neither is the chorus that I’m now sleeping next to.  Now, I snore and I’ve caught myself do it.  A rather standard noise that sounds like something is stuck in my throat and I’m trying to breathe around it.  The wife changes noises every 10-15 minutes.  I’ve heard the following:

• Goose getting strangled underwater.
  • Running chainsaw put through a woodchipper.
  • Tweety bird snore.
  • Gargling mouthwash.
  • Standard sawing of log.
  • A choking thing that makes me think she’s in trouble.
  • The gasp from a dramatic movie that requires you put your hand to your chest.
  • Baby elephant blowing bubbles in chocolate milk.
Yahoo Image Search

Yahoo Image Search

My nights are being spent more on coming up with odd snore descriptions than actually sleeping.  She does have a small cold that has decided to get a little worse this morning, but that’s not surprising.  There’s a running gag in this house that if I get sick, the person most likely to take some pressure off my shoulders goes down too.  This results in me being the one to push through my own malady, make myself worse, and eventually get a lecture about not resting when I should.  I think that last part is done specifically when I’m too weak to lift anything heavier than a pillow, so the threat of anything solid being thrown or wielded is gone.

An aside:  You know it’s going to be a bad day when your phone and laptop refuse to get their act together as well.  Must be an omen when an author and all his toys are unable to fully wake up.  *hears beep from phone*  Oh, NOW you download the emails.

I’m hoping this is just exhaustion from bad sleeping because I have a family meeting at my son’s school.  I do feel less like an infected human and more like a guy who simply needs to sleep for a day.  That’s probably what I’m going to do, so you won’t see too much of me today.  Not that the blog, Facebook, or sales have been requiring my attention in the last 24 hours.  Twitter is the only really active place.  This is probably for the best too because I’m going to be moody.  What I wrote yesterday for Book 12 was fun and I was aiming to have more of it.  I mean, I got to do a Luke solo scene with a lot of action and a Sari being cunning scene.  It’s hard to do these things so late in the series when the group is together and I feel bad when a character is just standing there.  I always hope to give them one line, but it doesn’t always work.  At least with Luke, Nyx, and Sari.  Although, the first two seem to have mellowed in their old age.  I’m rambling.

On a final note that has nothing to do with the previous stuff because I worry that I’ll pass out before I can help spread the news.  Check out the finale of a trilogy by Jack Flacco.  The final ‘Ranger Martin’ book has been released, so head over there for a copy or even to tweet directly from the Amazon page.  Give Ranger Martin a big sendoff as he completes his adventures.  CLICK ON THE COVER!

CLICK FOR AMAZON PAGE

CLICK FOR AMAZON PAGE

(Small note for spouses of sickies: For the love of GOD, do not commandeer the nearest bathroom for a cleaning when your significant other might have to make a mad dash.  It doesn’t matter if you’ve been meaning to do it and promising to do it for the last 2 weeks. Now is not the time!)

45 Responses to An Unexpected Delay in . . . Here

1. She is going to kill you for writing this. I hope you live long enough to feel better.

Liked by 2 people

2. Elle Knowles says:

I agree! I hope she doesn’t read everything you write. I don’t worry about H. He doesn’t read unless I shove it under his nose and he could go one on one in a snoring contest with your wife. Hope you get some rest. ~Elle

I thought the same thing that coldhandboyack thought. 🙂 I’m sorry you’re not sleeping well. I haven’t either. Haven’t posted either. I’m going on a retreat soon, but didn’t announce that on my blog.

Hope you can get some needed sleep.

4. Love those odd snore descriptions! I’m so using them in my writing 😀

5. A good night’s sleep is one of those things you don’t appreciate until it’s gone. My favorite snore type was the choking thing where you think she’s in trouble. Very sweet 😀

• Sometimes sweet. I’ll admit that after the 3rd round of that one, my response is shove along with ‘stop dying’. Still better than when I snore and her method is a blind backhand or elbow to the spine.

6. Aussa Lorens says:

Alex smoked cigars with my brother last night. And my eardrums paid dearly for it. All. Night.

7. I can SOOOO relate! Hubby snores something AWFUL. Your descriptions made me laugh; now I know what I can do when his snoring is keeping me awake. I have the same problem when I get sick; when he gets sick, I take care of him, but when I get sick, I’m still taking care of everyone else and doing all the things I do when I’m not sick. I hope you are able to get some rest and get better quickly!

• I know for myself that it’s sleep apnea, which I’m trying to get a handle on. Weight loss is the best method, but that isn’t going very well. Though I don’t think I’m snoring as much as I used to.

Yeah. It usually goes to the point where I either throw whatever I have or get bedridden. That’s equally frustrating because then I get lectured about doing anything. That’s if people remember I’m in the house. One Christmas, I got the flu with a fever and everything. Nobody came to check on me or bring me more water for most of the day. The bedroom is on the second floor of the house and I couldn’t stand for long enough to take the stairs.

8. You should write a manual on life, health, and coping behavior. I’m sorry you don’t feel well, but you sure are humorous.

9. I hope you manage to get some rest, to say you need sleep would be an understatement! At the moment, it’s the opposite for me – all I want to do is sleep and what I haven’t been doing is write. Oh well, I’ll push through and hope I come out writing! 😀

10. kingmidget says:

I’ve got one word for you … ear plugs. Years ago, I got tired of waking up to the various sounds of the night — the dogs scratching their neck and jangling their dog tags, the guy across the street who left for work at 3:30 in the morning and had to fire up his noisy car, the sounds of the paper delivery guy walking up our drive way (our bedroom overlooks the drive way, and who knows what else). I’m an uneasy sleeper and rarely get a good night’s sleep. Now, on occasion, I take my ear plugs out and realize that I couldn’t possibly sleep through my wife’s snoring without them.

• I considered it, but I’m also the light sleeper who hears if the kid wakes up crying or falls out of bed. Though I definitely think my mind will change if this keeps up. Thanks.

• kingmidget says:

That’s the thing with ear plugs though. If you can’t hear the kid, somebody else will and will take care of it. Hopefully. 😉

In all seriousness, I didn’t start with the ear plugs until our kids were old enough that the nighttime issues weren’t much anymore.

• That’s what I’d have to do. He’s six, but we still run into issues from time to time. Newest thing is him falling out of the bed and getting stuck in the blankets.

11. jjspina says:

Oh Charles, you have a wonderful sense of humor! I laughed so hard reading this and shared with my husband! He was a champion when it came to snoring until he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now sleeps with a C-Pap. Now I just hear the machine humming. Hope you get some rest and that your lovely wife is feeling better too.
    Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you and your wife!

12. noelleg44 says:

Sounds like you might have CDS, which my husband has frequently (Coming Down with Something). Hope the meeting at your son’s school goes well.