The lockdown, quarantine, stay-at-home orders, or whatever you want to call it is hard enough without crappy weather. At least for me, I’d rather it be nice outside, so I can open a window or feel warm. Take a step into the backyard for a bit to clear my head. Just be nice to air out the room a bit since I’m spending so much time in it. Not possible when it keeps raining, some hail, and being just cold enough to make things uncomfortable. I mean, it’s simply miserable outside, which adds to my mood. Can someone go stir crazy and get cabin fever at the same time?
This week was basically a return to a full school schedule since the previous week was spring break. Not that we had off, but it was a smaller workload. Definitely felt like we got hit pretty hard in some avenues. We got the work done with time to play games and have fun around 2 or 2:30. The downside is that it left me tired earlier in the night, so I was nearly useless. The occasional comedy of errors didn’t help matters:
- One day I was home alone with my son, so I had nobody to watch him while my class had a session. No problem. He would do math or read while I was in the class on mute unless I had something to say. Done it before, so it shouldn’t be a . . . phone rings and I have to figure out how to contend with that, my son, and the class. I was hearing a team meeting going on while I was talking to the other person. Both equally important, but talk about insane timing and Monday is always the roughest day of the week.
- Friday was a meeting . . . then another that overlapped with a third. Don’t worry. A fourth meeting/session was waiting. Fifth one a little later to finish off the day. I got laundry done between these, which is my only victory.
So, my week began with chaos and ended the same way. Thursday was a little messy with a situation that is for the best, but a little awkward. Got to do a little writing on that day, which was helpful. If I maintain this schedule then I should be averaging 2 chapters per weekend. War of Nytefall: Savagery is coming along pretty well. It’s running differently than the others because this adventure has some quest elements while those not on the journeys are struggling to stay alive. Many of the characters who have been highlighted are benched, so I’m giving the spotlight to a few relatively untouched. Clyde and Lost are the only two big names that are really in the action. That isn’t really a spoiler. Anyway, it’s a tough project because I’m jumping between three tales that are connected. So, I’m switching off with the Main (Clyde), 1st side, Main, 2nd side, Main, etc. I merge the side ones at few times since one is stationary for a while. Does this make any sense?
In other projects, I worked out another Act set up for The Ether Thief: Song of the Conqurer. That would be #2, so I have 2 more to go. Then, I can tackle the finale and spinoffs to complete the notebook. Been putting some chapter titles in the notebook that has Do I Need to Use a Dragon? (Fantasy Writing Tips). Since the book title is a question, I decided to do the same with the chapters. Once I’m done, I’ll make a Sunday post listing them to see what people think. For some reason, I think I got the subtitle wrong on this one. Need to look back at that.
Tempted to talk about family here, but that wouldn’t be right. Many have made it clear to keep family business off my blog. So, we’re holding up. That’s really all I can say about it without incurring wrath.
Not much else to say. Finished watching all of the ‘Blue Exorcist’ anime, so I moved on to a live-action show called ‘The Magicians’. I’m in season 2 and it’s not too bad. Feels like it’s getting a little too angst-filled for me. Everyone is angry, upset, or in some type of foul mood at this point, so I’m holding out in the hopes of it getting a little more on the brighter side of things. It’s 4 seasons and will be nice to get a long-saved series off my Netflix list. I’ll go back to anime after this.
Now, I’m just babbling. Goals of the week?
- Schooling and working.
- Write more War of Nytefall: Savagery
- Outline more Song of the Conquerer.
- Fun time with my son.
- Prepare July blog posts.
- Consider releasing a book in September.
- Finish chapter titles for fantasy tip book.
- Tinker with Key of Eden since I made progress.
- Puzzle time!
- Watch TV when too exhausted to do anything else.