(And I thought the song was bizarre! Can’t say I don’t enjoy them though.)
It was a week to remember . . . Not really in a good. First full week of school, which was fun and I got into the groove. Yet, nearly everything was overshadowed by the return of an old nemesis. Pneumonia snuck back in under the cover of what I thought was a cold combined with asthma. Even worse, I wasn’t the one who got it.
Seriously, I thought my son simply had an asthma/cold issue last weekend because it always happens with weather changes. No loss of appetite and we were able to do everything without getting tired. There was no fever either until he woke up at his mother’s on Tuesday and the nurse saw it getting a little high too. He came home and I didn’t catch anything. Sent him to school and I got a call near the end of my day that he needed to go home. Took him to the doctor, told pneumonia, and that was the end of his week. Stayed with my parents until his mom took him last night along with all the medications. This wasn’t an easy situation because the ex-wife and I were started to butt heads over other things come Monday, so that stubbornness and negativity caused us to argue.
That was the big thing for the week, so I don’t have much else to talk about. War of Nytefall: Eradication is going to be delayed until 2020 because of some issues that came up. I should probably edit it once or twice again too. Realized as I was in one class that I never mentioned Clyde’s corn-shaped necklace in this book, which is a major problem. So, I have to jump through it to find spots to make note of the charm that is a favorite in joke. Not sure how many people know about that one, so maybe that will be a December post. You see, this means I’m out of post ideas for December, so I need to come up with some topics. Feel free to suggest anything that you want me to write about, which also brings me to two more blog issues.
- The Teaser Tuesday posts that I scheduled will run out on October 8th. I need to figure out what to do here. I could keep doing other Teasers like run through one for each of the Legends of Windemere books. It’s getting tougher to do these since I’m really just grabbing some from years ago to repost. People want more Ichabod Brooks too, but I can’t do that until I get it off Kindle Unlimited. Even then, I might not because it means nobody would buy that book. I’d try a poll again, but that would result in the same thing I had last time. Maybe do one for each of my books in chronological order would work?
- This week’s topic might have gotten the lowest reaction out of everything I have ever posted. I’ll talk more about why I found this odd tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who did step into the conversation.
My plan for the weekend is going to be a little random. I have to try making strawberry bread to see if it can work for the kids at school. Got a doctor appointment this afternoon and the usual laundry, exercise (missed the entire week), and wanting to do something for writing. My son is with his mom for the first three weeks of October since I get him for three weeks of September, so I want to get War of Nytefall: Ravenous outlined to let me jump into writing that. It’s doable and I might have gotten somewhere by the time this goes live.
My hope is to pull off a 2-3 book 2020, which is a long shot goal. I’ll be using next summer for classes, which means I might be able to write the next Ichabod Brooks collection during that time. If not that then the fantasy tip book, but I’m beginning to wonder if I can do that when I can’t sell any of my fantasy books. Anyway, I really want to show that I can juggle fatherhood, teaching, and being an author. Not that anything sells now, but I need balance and I’m tired of people telling me to toss the third part in the dumpster until I’m retired. Does anybody pay attention to the fact that my generation doesn’t believe they’ll ever retire? Not to mention I’ll feel pretty stupid if I die before then and leave a shelf full of empty notebooks. Why do people keep talking as if we’re immortal and the things we really want to do can be pushed aside instead of fighting to make some time for them?
Goals for the week?
- Outline War of Nytefall: Ravenous
- Take care of my son once he is back home.
- Have fun at school while working.
- Get back on the bike.
- Finish October posts.
- Make list of December post topics (FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST!)
- Duck and cover with tomorrow’s post about how people respond to sex and violence with different levels of acceptance and comfort.
- Test out strawberry bread recipe.
- Try watching more Cannon Busters . . . Not really sure about this one.