Tribe of the Snow Tiger Update

The Newsman from The Muppet Show

The Newsman from The Muppet Show

So, I’ve been dancing around this little tidbit and wondering when I should mention what’s going on.  After all, it’s been a while since I released a Legends of Windemere book and I keep doing my ‘hope to release’ statement.  At this point, I’m just going to say it’ll be released when it does and hope anyone who volunteers to help with the promo is still willing to.  Feel free to volunteer, drop out, or whatever it is you need to do in the comments.

Now for the big news:

I was going to mention this during a cover reveal, but I don’t think it can wait.  Legends of Windemere: Tribe of the Snow Tiger (Book 10 of the series) will be the last cover from Jason.  His schedule is too busy with his tattoo job, which is his main job.  We tried to get things to work, it didn’t, and he contacted me saying that he has to bow out once this next cover is done.  Fully understand because the main job comes first.  Happy and really appreciate that he made it to the double digits and looking forward to the final work.  The scene he talked to me about sounds epic.

What does this mean for Books 11-15?

Obviously, a new cover artist will have to be found and I’m going to be trying to contact one suggestion next week.  Jason has been doing the covers since the beginning, so I’m going to have a challenge ahead of me.  Changing a cover style confuses people because they think it’s a different series.  Remember when the cover style changed between Allure of the Gypsies and Family of the Tri-Rune?

Yeah.  That caused people to think it was a new series.  So Book 11 is going to have an interesting debut.  This is another reason I have to be careful in picking someone to make the new covers.  Nobody can copy Jason and I wouldn’t want that.  Yet, I probably should find somebody who is similar in style and vision.  I know that I’m a lot more flexible than some readers when it comes to this.  I want the cover to look good and be eye-catching, which doesn’t always match between me and readers.  With 5 books to go, we’ll have to see what happens.

Anyway, that’s the situation right now.  This and other 2016 events have caused the delay, which I do apologize for.  Let’s end on another important note:

Legends of Windemere Bundle #1 is 99 cents until Saturday!

Cover Art by Jason Pedersen 3D Conversion by Bestt_graphics

Cover Art by Jason Pedersen
3D Conversion by Bestt_graphics

32 Responses to Tribe of the Snow Tiger Update

1. Reblogged this on S.K. Nicholls and commented:
    Get started on this fantasy series now.

2. twixie13 says:

I’d be up for volunteering again, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a new artist.

3. Wish you luck. With so many talented and good people in BlogLand, I’m sure you’ll fina a good match.

4. Reblogged this on Nicholas C. Rossis and commented:
    Get a great fantasy bundle for 99c!

5. You know I’m in. I’ll post whatever you want. I have to say that Sean is a pretty versatile artist, and I highly recommend him.

6. I love Craig’s comment. Anyway I’m sure you’ll find an artist. Keep me on the volunteer list.

7. Oloriel says:

I am still a volunteer!
    Sorry to hear you have to go on a cover artist hunt! And sorry if my comment sounds pesky, but Make sure you take note of the fonts used! They are, I think, one of the things that helps your readers know its your books 😀

• I’m going to see what we can do there. New artist might mean a different font type. It’s hard to ask someone to copy another artist. Sounds almost insulting to me, but I do want there to be some similarity.

• Oloriel says:

Designing and Typography are 2 sides of the same coin, but they are still same sides. Don’;t let an artist shame you into not maintaining a tradition or a brend. I know it can mean New artist, new look, but as much as you respect the artist, he/she should respect your book, as well. This font is just a little thing that makes Windermere remembered in a certain way, I connect the font to your books. If I see tomorrow it used somewhere I will be “THEY USED CHARLES FONT, LAME!” 😀 In any case, if the new artist has a new awesomes idea, you can tweak all the other covers too!

• All I can do is see what happens here. I’m going to ask if they can make it close to his style and explain the situation of changing artists. Though if I can’t find anyone who can do it then I might miss out on someone with talent. It’s going to be a lot of consideration and compromise on this one.

• Oloriel says:

Yeah, and you will have a lot of pondering to do regarding the style. I am just saying, remember that you have the wheel and don’t be scared to ask for stuff, that you are paying for,for your beloved books! 😀

• Thanks. It’ll probably come down a lot to what the artist has access too as well. Jason did a lot by hand, so a computer version will definitely look different.