Well this ends the first week of the new schedule and nothing got set on fire. Not that I would have complained since it’s cold. Not as cold as other places, but there was no build up to this. Just teens, twenties, single digits, and a wind chill that made you think a polar bear was mauling your face. Stayed inside for most of it, but the cold was enough to make me sluggish. I might have to actually sleep in tomorrow since I’m already drowsy by early afternoon.
This was also the first week everyone got back on their regular work and school schedules. I came out of the gate with my writing and then an alarm oopsie on Tuesday seemed to shoot me in the leg. I’m exhausted from the cold, working, and all around stress of certain things. The plan is still to finish ‘The Mercenary Prince’ a day or two after Martin Luther King Jr. Day if not earlier. Depends on this week, but I’m coming close to the final act of the book. I’ve tuned up the outline, so I won’t have anything like the day I realized two chapters could be merged and then had to work slower to make sure I was doing it right. I still have the non-office issue, so my neck and back can only go for so long. Working downstairs when I’m alone in the house helps, but I’m finding I really wish I had a spot that I could sit at and feel that it’s mine. I’ve been on about that before and it’ll be a long time before I can get an office . . . complete with a mini-fridge.
Anyway, the blogging schedule is interesting. Not posting didn’t make as big a difference as I thought. I’m still active with reading posts and trying to comment. The email and responses seem to be the bigger beasts, but nothing I can do about that unless I walk away from here. Maybe stop checking every 15 minutes. I didn’t realize how busy Mondays and Wednesdays were compared to Tuesday and Thursday. Without my own post up, I really got a look at the traffic. It’s like most people use a MWF schedule. Part of me thinks we’re almost trained for such a thing because that was a very common one when I was younger.
So what am I planning for this week?
- Work more on ‘The Mercenary Prince’ and possibly come within a chapter or two of finishing. Cold weather does mean we’re all inside, so I can get some done over the weekend.
- Read some of ‘Rosario Vampire’ and ‘Ranger’s Apprentice’. Found that manga works better for when the kid is around because he has taken to closing my books and removing bookmarks. Also using me as a couch while he reads his own books.
- Try to remember the plan we came up with for my author website. Had one and soda became an issue. Might ask Jason if it’s possible to get the next book’s title graphic to post on the front page as a ‘Coming Soon’. We’re trying to get this done by end of February, but it might be earlier.
- Continue playing around with Twitter.
- Keep up the biking.
- Schedule blog posts as ideas come to me, but only if I have time between chapter sections.