Last week was rough with several family ‘events’ and a snowstorm. I can’t say I got very far with my goals because I simply didn’t have the time. When I did have the time, I found myself slipping into a depression from the stress and chaos. This is fairly easy to do because I’m always tense. A few days of delays, stress, and pressure can really knock me down the emotional ladder. I’m still trying to drag myself up, but this week might be easier.
I’ve decided to take the first week of February off from book writing for two reasons. One is that this week heads to the Super Bowl and I’m already seeing signs of late week cleaning chaos. My family throws a party every year, which means certain people will be acting like the sky is falling on Saturday. The other reason is my good friend Greg is supposed to hang out here for a few days the following week. We’ll see what happens, but I won’t be as active on those days. Then again, I got the WordPress app working on my iPhone, so I won’t be totally out of things.
I could easily finish the outlining goals this week since I’m in the minor character designs and then I have to make a sequence of events. This puts me into the next future idea, which is a headache. The Elysium Saga! I’ve talked about this one once before and how the game was a scavenger hunt. Wouldn’t translate too well to books, so I have to figure out what to do. I don’t know if I should make another post to voice my thoughts and get opinions or stick with this one. If anything, I’ll need to really sit down and think about the pieces of the story. It’s one of the core series of Windemere with the same impact as Legends, Clyde, Darwin, and Sin. Maybe I can bounce a few ideas off Greg once I get a few drinks in him . . . and me.
Anyway, here’s the plan for the week
- Finish outlining/planning War of the Tainted.
- Continue reading The Crimson League. Might take a day or two to see if I can finish it off. Halfway done right now.
- Promote other books and look into a few curious marketing ideas.
- Clean and prepare for Super Bowl.
- Start thinking of The Elysium Saga. Make a plotline list and anything to help focus. It might require junking the game notes.
- Improve my mood. More challenging than one thinks.
- Find something else to do while the TV is taken over by the person who wants to watch the Grammys.
- Eat, drink, and be Merry . . . or Pippin.