Can’t Please Everyone

Dr. Seuss

You write what you want
Because you are what you write
Others will do what will

Start your story off slow
Or start it off fast
The pace is yours to grow

Follow the trends if you so wish
Or go off on your own
And create a new niche

People will love it
People will hate it
So it is as it is

If one could please everyone
Then we’d all be the same
Sadly we’re not, which is not really a shame

(This rhyming scheme is brought to you by ‘Accident’.)

Originally posted on The Community Storyboard.  Check it out, comment on posts, and submit your own writing for feedback.

This entry was posted in Poems and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Can’t Please Everyone

So true!!!! Thanks for this creative reminder!!

2. Reblogged this on Amanda's Words / starfire8me and commented:
    that is so cool, I never knew that Dr. Seuss had said that…

3. C.J. Black says:

I believe there is a lot of me in there including “Accident”
    Chris.

4. Reblogged this on stuff i tell my sister and commented:
    Well ain’t it the truth. You really can’t please everyone! Happy Wednesday people. Enjoy the reblog! paula ♥

5. viveka says:

Just wonderful …. so true – and I have never come a cross it before.

6. grovewithin says:

I could so relate…Im all over the place with my blog. I write what I’m feeling at the moment, which i guess by this rhyme it’s ok to do so;)

7. Bastet says:

Great poem and so true, accident or not you did a great poem I really enjoyed reading.

8. i can’t please anyone today, computer driving me nuts as it won’t load pages and won’t leave the ‘likes’, not even sure if the comments are staying once i have left them, probably going to give up trying today (which really p*&^%$ me off as I was looking forward to some blogging after so much time away this week. arrgghhh! hope you are well, pal. best wishes.

9. Tuan Ho says: