Triforce of Power (1 of 3 Poetry Set)

Power

A truly neutral entity

It both strengthens and corrupts

It is found behind every king and tyrant

A resource hard to find, but too easy to misuse

We cherish this fickle phantom and promises it makes

Only truest hearts and darkest souls can become its masters

As they battle to absorb as much power as they can find and hold

And the coming war between these foes will consume the entire world

(Entry of Ranting Papizilla’s poetry month challenge.)

This entry was posted in Poems and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Triforce of Power (1 of 3 Poetry Set)

1. tyroper says:

Nicely done. Like Daft Punk’s pyramid of power.

2. gmvaseyGary says:

Nice and I like the shape of your work….

3. Papizilla says:

Any Zelda poetry immediately gets placed into the Hall Of Fame. Well done! 😀

• Thanks. It helped to have all my Zelda music playing on an Ipod loop while writing this. And a techno Metroid song, but that poem didn’t happen. Though, I’m thinking of trying again Thursday without making the poem a shape.

• Papizilla says:

Oh, the old N.E.S. system and games. When games were actually fun. I still have a working 8 bit Nintendo. My 6 year old plays Zelda now. Have to hand down the important things, you know? 😉

• My wife has an old NES, but the best game she has is Darkwing Duck. I got the Zelda pack for Gamecube, which still didn’t result in me beating Zelda II. I actually jumped from Atari 2600 to the Super NES because all my friends had the NES. They gave me their old games and was rarely home anyway.
        It does seem that games are more of a chore now with so much collecting in them. So much multi-player too. Is it so wrong to want to battle Dracula or blast away at Space Pirates by yourself?

• Papizilla says:

I agree, I play by myself. No multi-player. If I want to deal with other people, I will go outside. I play games to relax my mind and kill, maim and torture villagers/zombies and whatever else comes along.

You haven’t beaten Zelda II yet? Gosh I love the old Zelda games. The new ones are just not as good.

• I beat the first one, but the second one keeps kicking my ass. Though, the one Zelda game that I’ve never seen re-released is my personal favorite: Link to the Past. Ocarina of Time is a close second though. I used to spend hours just riding around on Epona and wandering even though it was a small world.

• Papizilla says:

Exactly, you could lose hours upon hours just wandering the countryside. The new games? Not so much. These new game makers could learn a thing or two from playing the original Zelda or Mario games.

• Since I never got a Wii, I stopped at Windwaker. I was told not to get Twilight Princess for GC by a friend because it was the weaker copy. Windwaker had some good adventuring and wandering.

4. Papizilla says:

Reblogged this on The Ranting Papizilla and commented:
    Poem A Day Challenge here, with a Legend Of Zelda twist!

5. Pingback: Lux et tenebræ II. Rose Saron (Light and Dark 002. Rose of Sharon). | The Arkside of Thought

6. Pingback: Poem A Day Challenge #8 | The Ranting Papizilla

7. Pingback: Poem A Day Challenge: Day #8 | We Drink Because We're Poets

8. Love Zelda! (well, Link actually) and I love this poem!