Start of the Sequel

For anyone trying to catch up with Beginning of a Hero, you’re in luck.  Friday was definitely the final post and the rest can be caught when the e-book comes up for .99 cents (paperback for $10 for those that want).  That leaves a gap in Monday and Friday posts, so I will be starting Prodigy of Rainbow Tower.

Will some plot points be revealed?  Yes.

Does this bother me?  A little bit.

Why am I still doing it?  Thank you for asking, person who doesn’t exist.

I thought about it all weekend and realized that I focus more on characters than the plot.  The plot is only there to make the characters grow. So even if a reader knows where Luke is at the beginning of Book 2, there should be some interest in seeing how he got there.  After all, is it enough to hear he has a scar, but not know how he got it?  🙂

Enjoy the start of the sequel and I will get Beginning of a Hero published as soon as I get the last piece.  I’d say when, but I’m feeling bad about claiming release dates and missing them.

8 Responses to Start of the Sequel

1. C.N. Faust says:

It must be so exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly with the release.

• slepsnor says:

Thanks. I’m sure the release will go without much of a problem. It’s the post-release advertising that has me running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I never really understood that phrase.

• C.N. Faust says:

I know how you feel. Advertising is a headache.

Perhaps it refers to the state of confusion, panic, and disorientation – the kind that chicken must experience running around the yard after its head has been lopped off?

• slepsnor says:

That aimless running around in a panic. Makes sense. As odd as it sounds, it’s good to hear that other authors are finding headaches with advertising.

• C.N. Faust says:

Headache is probably the best word to describe it. On one hand, you want people to read your work – on the other hand, it’s convincing them that they want to pay to read it. I am kind of a shy advertiser myself, but I’m finding it gets easier with time.

• slepsnor says:

I always figure that nobody wants to hear the author praise his/her own book. I think the trick is getting a stable word-of-mouth campaign. I know there’s a few sites that do some free author interviews and book posts, so there might be more of those as e-books become more popular.

2. Leisa says: