I haven’t done one of these in a long time. Mostly because they are very hit or miss with more on the latter. Yet, I do wonder if people would ask Clyde any questions. He is the protagonist of War of Nytefall. On the other hand, not many have read the series or pay full attention to the posts about him. I still get messages talking as if he’s the villain going up against a band of vampire hunters that I mysteriously haven’t mentioned on this blog at all. Weird. So, who or what is Clyde?
- A former thief who became a vampiric thief prior to the Great Cataclysm.
- He created a gang of thieves within the vampire world, which included Mab Winthrop (his partner), Chastity Sullivan, Titus Winthrop, Bob, and Luther Grathan. Those last 3 were the leaders of the mercenary side of the gang. Chastity would do the blackmailing and information gathering. Clyde and Mab were the ones who would do heists.
- Clyde had allied himself with Xavier Tempest in the old days because they got along. This is also why General Kenneth Decker was considered a good friend and a partial member of the gang.
- Clyde and Mab broke up because of a misunderstanding caused by Chastity.
- Clyde tried to steal a Duragian (God of the Sun) artifact and was caught. His execution was interrupted by the Great Cataclysm, which buried him for 50 years along with the entire temple city.
- Upon his return, Clyde gradually learned that he was what would eventually become a Dawn Fang. He was the first one of this new vampire breed. He had a heartbeat, could eat human food, didn’t need to kill for blood, and didn’t grow weak in the sunlight.
- He has a severe battle lust that may be a side-effect of his Lord’s Rage power. These two things are unique to him, so he fights every day to keep them in check. His other powers are monstrous physical abilities, illusions, and heightened senses.
- His relationship with Mab has been rekindled, but they’re dealing with a rough patch in the books right now.
- Clyde and Lost are having to work closer together in War of Nytefall: Savagery
- He has a weapon that has been enchanted to fit into his pocket even thought it’s a large sword. The weapon is connected to a gauntlet that he puts on his hand and it drains his blood through crystal needles to vibrate the blade. This gives a it a makeshift chainsaw effect, but also risks setting off his Lord’s Rage.
- Clyde has a pet Eusu.
- He named his kingdom Nytefall in order to mock Xavier who rules the ancient kingdom of Nyte.
That’s all there is about him, so maybe some questions can come about. We’ll see how this goes.