Today is the first day of a 16 day break.
Kind of feel like stopping there because I’m not sure how to explain everything else that is happening. I’m writing this post without scheduling it, so this is LIVE. I’m in a folding chair with my feet on my bed, my laptop on my legs, bags over the ceiling fan, half my room blue, half my room pink, and most of my stuff crammed in other rooms of the house. My focus is off and book writing won’t happen until things are fixed for a variety of reasons:
- My desk is covered and I’ve gotten used to working there.
- My bed (secondary desk) is in the middle of the room and will have a tarp on it soon.
- The emptiness makes me think of my loneliness.
- I packed up all three headphones and earbuds, so no working anywhere else. I needs ma music!
- The outline for War of Nytefall: Ravenous may have gotten packed up with the other notebooks . . . It’s been two weeks since I touched it and need the spark of memory.
All that being said, my ranting about losing writing time managed to bear some fruit and we’re aiming to get the painting done by this afternoon. Tomorrow will be putting my room back together, which will also be the perfect time to sort through the mountain of DVDs and books that I have. That’s a full day project and sacrificing two days in order to gain Monday night through Friday night for writing is a good idea. That means I may get 4 chapters done instead of 7 and I have New Years Eve and another weekend for writing to bring the total to 7. This means the only writing goal I have for the weekend is to make a blurb for War of Nytefall: Eradication. I’m only doing one for Amazon, so I’ll hopefully be using next Sunday as the testing day.
In other news, I’m tired and worn down from a busy week. My son had his Winter Concert being in chorus. (Writing this now while my dad is getting the room ready for painting. I’m allowed to finish this post first.) Work was a blast with a lot of fun leading into the holiday time. My nights were spent with my son who was having a little trouble calming down with all the fun stuff coming up. His schedule is off, so he’s been a wee bit on the impish side. All of this left me crawling into bed nearly every night.
(Okay, I’m getting bonked in the head here. Going to wrap this up.)
My plan for this week is to rest and write for most of it. My son is back tomorrow night and Monday before going back to his mom. We watched ‘A New Hope’ last weekend, so I’m showing him ‘Empire Strikes Back’ tomorrow night and ‘Return of the Jedi’ Monday while we’re resting. That will put the original trilogy under his belt. So far, his favorite characters are R2-D2 and C3PO because they’re funny. It’s Hanukkah starting tomorrow, so he’ll get a present or two before going back. Much of life is up in the air right now because I don’t want to plan anything big. I’ll have more next weekend when I get to talk about what me and him are going to do for our part of the break.
Goals of the week?
- Finish watching the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Finish watching ‘Altered Carbon’.
- Start watching ‘The Witcher’.
- Write around 4 chapters of War of Nytefall: Ravenous
- Painting and putting my room back together.
- Read more ‘Black Clover’.
- Try to do 15 minutes of biking every day.
- Leave puzzles alone until after the break.
- Prepare some posts for March.
- Consider doing a few Sunday posts to test chapter titles for the ‘Fantasy Tip Book’.
Still taking volunteers for promoting War of Nytefall: Eradication in late February /early March. I wanted it to be more varied and organized, but I don’t think I have the time to that. It will be a standard ‘book is live’ post, so feel free to sign up in the comments. Thanks.