I don’t think I’m going to be that chatty on this post. I’m feeling rather discarded this weekend. Not a great way to start this and it opens the door for certain people to make things worse, but I’m being honest. I’ll still talk in the comments, but I’m going to be escaping reality. By that, I mean I’m going to spend the whole weekend editing ‘Derailing Bedlam’. Maybe Lloyd and Cassidy will cheer me up. All that being said, a few things did happen this week.
We have 4 sections left before the end of Raven’s Wrath. Thank you to everyone who has read even some of this month-long story. It’s the final installment in the tale of Dawn Addison and my final attempt at a genre that I’ve never been comfortable with. Horror has always been something that I never understood or enjoyed because I really don’t like being scared. So, this was so far out of my wheelhouse that I’m standing in the parking lot of the dockyard. (Full disclosure: I looked up what a wheelhouse is to be sure my analogy would work.) It will finish on Halloween and then November 1st will open the floor to discussion and be an official good-bye to Dawn Addison.
This means I need to figure out what to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I’m thinking of reviewing ‘Teaser Tuesday’ and use sections from any of my published books instead of just the new one. Thursday will be taken over by Derailing Bedlam, which will be only be on that day unless it’s a holiday. Gotta figure out Sunday too, which might go back to poems or just whatever hits my fancy that day. As usual, suggestions are always welcomed.
Not much else to say. My Teaching Assistant application is in final review, which means I’m hoping to get it by the end of next week. I keep submitting to jobs in the hopes that I can get an interview even prior to that. The author mojo is still wounded and editing my books is surreal. It’s like I’m looking at the work of someone else because I have trouble wrapping my head around how I would do such things again. There’s a definite mental resistance and hesitation towards giving in to my imagination, which I hope is still lurking somewhere. Yes, I know it has to be, but what is going on in my life right now has caused a lot of mental damage in the creative arena. I can dream up ways to teach kids how to read or figure out how to design a writing course, but it seems doing stuff for myself is harder to pull off.
Okay, I’m starting to rant and would rather not do that. Next week is Halloween, so some of the goals will touch on that:
- Finish editing Derailing Bedlam and schedule a few posts for it.
- Start editing War of Nytefall: Rivalry and hope it jogs enough to allow me to eventually start War of Nytefall: Annihilation. I don’t remember if that’s the actual name since I packed away all the outlines and I don’t feel like digging it out until I’m ready to write.
- Do not eat all the Halloween candy while handing it out.
- Cleaning, cooking, laundry, take out garbage, mow the lawn, food shopping, chauffeuring, and the rest of my weekly duties. Seriously, is there anything I don’t do around here?
- Watch more ‘Sword Art Online II’.
- Read more ‘Toriko’ and ‘Rave Master’.
- Try this Fiji Apple Sake.
- Watch ‘Hocus Pous’ with trivia bubbles.
- Try to get into a better mood.
Again, I hope everyone enjoys the final leg of Raven’s Wrath and thank you for humoring me on this 4 year experiment. Have a fun weekend.