I always enjoy putting comedy into my books. The categories tend to be sight gags, attempts at wit, and slapstick. At least those are the ones I can recognize since I’m not an expert on comedy. I like to laugh and grew up on a ton of comedies like Marx Brothers, Laurel & Hardy, Three Stooges, Abbott & Costello, Mel Brooks, Lucille Ball, Bugs Bunny, and the list goes on. Seriously, I probably should stop myself there or we’ll be here all day . . . Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy. Okay, I’ll behave myself now. (George Carlin) So, let’s try a few questions about comedy:
- What is your favorite type of comedy?
- Who is one of your favorite comedians?
- Do you have a favorite joke, gag, etc.?
My quick answers:
- I always enjoy wit and wordplay. Almost like a verbal sleight of hand.
- So many to choose from. Robin Williams has always been a big favorite.
- One of the first jokes I ever understood was: “One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I’ll never know.”