That ‘blizzard’ threw a monkey wrench into the week. It also led to a very odd reminder that people love to bitch on the Internet. The media erupted about 3 feet of snow, which some areas on Long Island got. Yet the storm did veer more to the east, so some areas didn’t get nailed as bad as expected. So people bitched about the panic that the media and government created. Here’s the thing: What would have happened if they said 12-18 inches and then it was 3 feet? Personally, I’d rather they predict more than we actually get than less. Better to be over-prepared than be fucked when it comes to the weather. Then again, I know someone who was actually injured due to the storm, so maybe I have a different opinion here.
So the storm had everyone home and a lot of shoveling. This meant no writing for a day or two, but I did finish two projects. The outline for Book 10 is ready to go and I finished up the preliminary work on a future book. I actually had to get a new marble notebook because I switching ‘categories’ and need the space. Like a true professional, I went for different colors and will put the next batch of ideas in the green . . . blue one. I’ve begun doing a few notes on the big series since it has 3 books that exist solely as a sentence each on a page of paper. This might be my project for the week since I’m hoping to have some out-of-towners visiting. Don’t want to start the next book and have to stop after one section. It’d drive me nuts.
Tomorrow is the Super Bowl, so we’re slowly cleaning and putting things away. Then again, I did things throughout the week. That means I can do this post and lie on the bed trying to sort through things. Gearing up for a night of getting tax forms in order, which is always about as much fun as a ceiling fan to the head. On the plus side, HBO is having a Mel Brooks special on tonight and then the newest episode of Black Sails. That means the tax forms and brain-bending outlining will have some nice accompaniment.
I really lead a boring life outside of my head. Though I can’t talk about my books due to spoilers and most of what happens with the boy needs to be seen. The retelling doesn’t really live up to the reality these days. Hopefully the posts I have going up this month are interesting. I’ll be touching on ‘Romance in Fantasy’ at some point after Valentine’s Day including one on love triangles. This is all over the place for topics and I have a Tuesday Guest Post.
I did get a bunch of new reviews on some of my books. Nice to see the older ones are still getting attention.
So what am I doing this week?
- Shoveling after a small storm on Sunday/Monday. This includes flipping off the sky.
- Host the incoming guests if the weather doesn’t scare them off. This goal will include homemade penne with vodka sauce. It also will decide on if I do anything else.
- Working on the next big series on my outlining list. Not sure how and if I should bring it up here since it’s expansive. It’s getting harder and harder to bring up future series in Windemere due to confusion. Part of me wonders if I should shut up about the future until Legends of Windemere is over.
- Start working on Book 10 if #2 falls through, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.
- Contact Jason about ‘Sleeper of the Wildwood Fugue’ cover art. Aiming for last week of March or first week of April. Editing and cover art will be the deciding factor.
- Trying to stay warm. It’s like the bitter winds are ignoring the fact that I’m in a house and I keep waking up with shivers.