First, a whoopie cushion has been introduced to the house. So there will be breaks to blow that up and stick it under the 5-year-old’s shirt. Then he either squishes it or belly bumps the wall for the funny noise.
Second, this week will have the results of that poll I did back for the favorite characters. Each day will have an excerpt with one of the winners. In other words, spoilers may appear in the posts.
Third, I’ve been getting a lot of Twitter activity by retweeting other authors. I stopped posting personal stuff there because I’m not witty or interesting when I only have 140 characters to work with. I am trying to figure a few things out though. I try for a tweet every 3-4 hours give or take and I switch up the books some days. Yet, I tried one day of a tweet every 2 hours and that created a lot of activity. Not sure if I should make that a weekly thing where I pick a day to do it again. Does it equal sales? A few, but the networking is what I’m aiming for now.
Yeah . . . nothing happened this week. I edited, I cared for son, I cooked dinners, I ate food, I believe I slept, and the Internet acted up on the one day I put aside to get extra editing done. You might wonder why that last one disrupted editing. Well, I spent a bunch of time trying to fix it and then lamenting the loss of Pandora when I felt I needed it most. Like I said, not much happened this week and I’m not really sure what else to say about it.
Actually, there was one BIG thing. I have another podcast interview coming up on Eat, Sleep, Write. It’s a fun chat about fantasy world creation. I’ll make a post as soon as it goes live, so I hope to hear what people think.
This week is going to be brief because of Thanksgiving. My goal is to get Book 7 edited before the holiday since I’m doing a bunch of the cooking. After Thanksgiving, I plan on editing Book 8 before the 2 week Christmas Recess. This clears 2015 for writing new stuff since those 2 weeks will be hectic. Hopefully I’ll have ‘Curse of the Dark Wind’ released by then, but we’ll see what happens. Things are moving, but this time of year seems to be chaotic for everyone. Guess a plus side is that nobody is really bugging me about releasing the book this time. So either people are patient, people realize that I do tentative deadlines, or nobody cares. Either way, the book will be released as soon as the editing and cover art are done.
Goals for the week:
- Finish editing Book 7. Less than 100 pages to go.
- Read more of Ranger’s Apprentice: Emperor of Nihon-Ja.
- Fiddle with ‘Project Phoenix’ and ‘Sutyra’.
- Bike, eat, and sleep.
- Watch ‘The Lego Movie’ with son.
- Present shopping for an upcoming birthday.
- Avoid Black Friday.
- Maybe start editing Book 8. Just discovered that it’s actually about 30 pages shorter than ‘Curse of the Dark Wind’. Kind of concerned about that considering all that happens in there. It’s a pure character development book that sets things up for the next one, but I thought there was more meat to it. Then again, this is also the book that lost 3 chapters to the dead hard drive, so I might find that I rushed through the ending out of frustration. I do remember some of it got streamlined.