Pins and needles! Pins and needles in my right leg! It’s like an annoying, numbing, phantasmal pain where my brain refuses to get the limb to work! Be right back!
There we go . . . So, today is the Super Bowl and my family is throwing their traditional party. Means 3 times as much food as the guests can eat, which leads to a week of leftovers to rival Thanksgiving. Three kinds of hot wings, veggies, cheese, beer, soda, AND a deli sandwich platter? Ugh.
So, the BEGINNING OF A HERO RAFFLE is still going on with tons of prizes. Join in and spread the world. There’s over 25 prizes to be had and it takes is a few clicks like following the participating authors’ Facebook pages and Twitter Feeds. This lasts all month too.
I have no idea what I did this week beyond preparing for the Super Bowl party. I did have a school district meeting and I finished preparing one project. I’ve moved on to the next series on my ‘To Be Outlined’ list and found it to be a mess. It’s based on the D&D game I ran in college and I’ve mentioned it before. Bigger disaster than I thought, so I’m needing to rethink everything beyond the main characters. With days of work, I only managed to fix up the first book. I’m tempted to post about all this in the afternoon, but I’m not sure where that will get me. The old notes are needed to understand the scope of this headache.
I might be a rarity for the first few days of the week because of an . . . honored? No. Not really dishonored either. Got it! A Pants-Wearing Guest will be around. My friend Greg and I will finally get to chill around here for a few days. I’ll be checking email and doing the usually morning promo stuff while he sleeps in, but beyond that is a crapshoot. This is the finale to the vacation and maybe we’ll do a fun joint post. I make no promises that it will happen or that it will be coherent. It’s his birthday today (sorry, but he saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of Winter Ale), so we’ll be trying to do something. Maybe. Keep in mind that we’ve been known to grab alcohol, an anime, and spend the day watching and mocking it. At least in our youth . . . I miss the carefree days.
Anyway, here are the goals:
- Hang out with Greg, have fun, and avoid being arrested.
- Make a special announcement on Monday morning. It has been Charles tested and Ionia approved. Sadly, the FDA, FCC, KFC, and LOL are still against it, but that shouldn’t cause a problem.
- Read more of The Crimson League. Maybe even take a day to finish it.
- Outline and plan more of The Elysium Saga.
- Continue biking if possible.
- Begin writing Legends of Windemere: Sleeper of the Wildwood Fugue.
- Start planning Hype work for Legends of Windemere: Family of the Tri-Rune. Going to try the Twubs Chat again, but I’m not sure what people want to see in terms of post material. A spoiler-free excerpt maybe, but that’s a lot harder for the 4th book. Maybe just the beginning like I did for the 3rd book. Any suggestions?
- Eat, sleep, and shower.
- Continue negotiations with the toddler about giving me writing time when he’s off from school next week.