Slash of the Sword

fencing attack

He cut me

I can’t believe he cut me

It was an accident

But still it hurts

All across my belly

A stinging scratch

Burning

Probably some blood

I hope not

At least it can’t get worse

He didn’t hit my head

BANG

CLANG

WHACK

medic

Another poem from Israel, this one is about a fun injury I got in fencing.  Not a really bad one.  I moved and the other blade slipped under my jacket to leave a burning scratch along my belly.  Then the next match had a hit that spun my helmet and left a dent.  Oddly enough, I still miss those days.

This entry was posted in Written in Israel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Slash of the Sword

1. Dean says:

That’s wierd… I just had to re-follow your blog… I never un-followed it to begin with!!!! 😮

2. Dean says:

Great post btw

3. tjtherien says:

I wish I had taken up fencing… it does sound fun…

4. grovewithin says:

Hahaha…love this!

5. The joy of pain. 🙂

6. cnmill says:

Like usual, it seems, I read this on Twitter after waking up last night.
    I thought it was hilarious.

And I don’t blame you for missing that. Fencing has always seemed just . . . great. I don’t know. I’ve just always wanted to do it. Not a whole lot of fencing going on here, apart from building literal fences.
    Yaaaaay.
    Did you hear the drawling sarcasm dripping from that, or no?

7. Bastet says:

I laughed and shuddered reading this…my son is off to another historical re-enactment…last one one guy broke his arm and another got a slight concussion…his helmet was dented when some idiot lowered his sword on his head…just dented the helmet though. And they’re lucky because they have 3 meter long pikes that keep the rowdier bunch at a distance!