Danielle Taylor tagged me in her ‘WIP Progress Update’ post so, in the spirit of what I’ve read about the game of tag, it seems I am ‘it’! Be sure to stop on by and check out Danielle’s page to find out what literary trouble she’s been up to!
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
I’m writing Legends of Windemere: The Compass Key, which is the 5th in the series. Books 2-4 are awaiting cover art and final edits.
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Not for the 5th book. 2nd is close.
3. How many words are you into it?
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
I don’t go by word count. My goal was to write 2 chapters by the end of the week, which I accomplished. Doesn’t look like I’ll go over that.
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
Epic, Badass Fantasy
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
This one will probably be early next year.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
The Lich turns to her and grins evilly. “Think shorter, happier, curvier, and blue hair, your highness.”
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
It’s #5 of the series.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Getting used to writing shorter chapter sections and writing my first large scale battle scene.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
I’m getting to flush out some new characters and learn things about a few of the old ones.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!