I’ve been so busy trying to catch up on my reader, helping a fellow author with a chapter review, writing poems, and . . . I guess I was just lazy today. I’m ending today by reading more of Shadows Over Sheradan while my wife reads over my poems. I do feel like I need this week to chill out and relax. This still brings up the question of what I do next.
Uh . . . there’s . . . hmmm.
Well, I can use this week to get more characters written for Darwin’s book. I can also put some thought into another series that I realized is in dire need of help. Over the weekend, I found that it simply didn’t work as it did in the game. Maybe I’ll mention that in a post tomorrow like I did with ‘Ruins of the Zodiac Gods’. There’s The Compass Key, but I don’t want to start that until next week when the parents start their 2 week California vacation and I get the house to myself.
Basically, my goals are the following:
- Finish characters and preliminary outlining Darwin’s series.
- Get a basic plan for the ‘Elysium Saga’.
- Read Shadows Over Sheradan.
- Try to recover the momentum of sales on Beginning of a Hero. After it went back to .99 cents, it slowed to a crawl. Only 9 sold and that’s with me still being in KDP Select. Not sure what else to do here besides wait for the sequel. Maybe I’ll get an influx of reviews that will help.
- Start writing The Compass Key while my wife reads over Family of the Tri-Rune. Not sure how that is going because she keeps saying it’s better than when I first handed her the other books. Either she’s lying or I’ve improved my ability to write a decent first draft and edit it 3 times.
That’s basically the plan for the foreseeable future. We’re going to start slipping bookmarks and business cards onto local business public boards, so maybe that will do something.