I may have mentioned that I expected this week to be rough. Well . . . I was wrong and I’m man enough to admit it.
This week was friggin’ brutal!
I’m writing this Friday night because I made the mistake of starting laundry and just need things to keep me semi-awake. It isn’t even that I barely slept because I got around 6-6.5 hours a night. Best I could do with early wake ups and the weather going from chilly at the start of the week to humid by Friday. It’s just that I didn’t have much time to breathe thanks to:
- Proctoring AP Exams, which sometimes went late.
- Helping my son study for 2 tests.
- Helping my son with projects.
- Taking my son to NYSSMA on Tuesday. That’s a singing event where a student goes in and is judged on their performance. He sang. He also refused to eat dinner until afterwards and his time was 7:35.
- Various errands squeezed in.
- Gastrointestinal issues building throughout week.
- Encounters with certain people.
I have to say that Tuesday was the roughest because I went from work to helping my son with homework to NYSSMA. There was no time to rest and I didn’t drag myself to bed until 10:30. Same thing happened Thursday, but with different events. I was running around so much that I ended up doing ‘take out’ every night:
- Monday- Subway (Home meal was brisket, which my stomach can’t always handle.)
- Tuesday- McDonalds as promised to my son.
- Wednesday- Pizza because it was late and I was starving when I got out of work.
- Thursday- Subway (I got a salad this time)
- Friday- Chinese food . . . This is when my guts finally decided they’d had enough and reminded me that I’m mortal.
Guess I’m thinking and functioning in lists here. Then again, I didn’t do anything else of note this week. Couldn’t get near my notebooks, manga, or blog. I might work on some stuff today before and after a family event. Really should get some better food like yogurts and fruit, so maybe an outing before I have the event. My only goal is to finish the outline for Darwin & the Avenging Elf. There’s about 6 more chapters to set up and then I can put the outlines aside until May 29th when I plan on starting to write Darwin & the Halfling Hunt.
Only other thing that happened is that I found this for about 50% off, so I had to get my hands on it:
I’m re-watching that series now since all of season 2 is dubbed. I’m too exhausted to keep up with subtitles. Noting a theme here. Don’t think I’ve got anything else in me.
So, what’s the plan for the week?
- Finish Darwin & the Avenging Elf outline.
- Really get some sleep.
- Eat better.
- Do some biking when possible.
- Puzzle time.
- Family event.
- Help son with homework (Given)
- Maybe have one glass of whiskey tonight if I’m feeling up for it.
- Possibly start making the October posts.