That’s a genuine question. As usual, I’m writing this Friday night, but I’m finding it difficult because the white parts of the screen are overly bright. Makes me want to shut my eyes and I’m noticing that my blinks are taking longer to pull out of than normal. Funny how this week has left me exhausted and it wasn’t even a full one. Four days that were all mid-terms, so the students I worked with went home early because of the track they are currently on. So, why am I so drained?
- I did go to a party on Saturday night and something I ate didn’t agree with me, but I pulled out of that by Sunday afternoon.
- Nailed by a head cold on Monday, which left me out of it. Had to use Nyquil to get some sleep and that’s never a comfortable snooze.
- Moving all of my books and dvds into the basement to prepare for the carpet removal in a few weeks. This was done with the head cold.
- Freezing mornings are draining.
- Ex-wife stressed me out a bit.
- Nearly got into a really bad car accident. Somebody stopped in the left hand lane and the person behind them swerved into my lane. Only had about 10 feet to react and stopping wasn’t going to happen. I swerved into the right lane (I was in the middle) and went around. Didn’t have time to check, so I would have been smashed on both sides if someone was there. Left me with a really bad adrenaline rush that ebbed out and I was out of it afterwards.
- Stressed over not being able to do book writing until March. Maybe I’ll get some in during Winter Break, but I won’t have a desk, room, or any level of privacy.
- School cafeteria was closed, so I ate a lot of fast food. This wasn’t a good idea and I tried to curb it halfway through the week, which resulted in me eating less. So, I’m kind of hungry too.
- Started a career development program, but I have until June to do that.
- An insurance issue in the final hour.
Needless to say, I’m exhausted and out of it. My anxiety is making me worry about it being something else since me fighting sleep is causing me to feel dizzy. Was talking to a coworker about eating healthier, so I’m going to try to do fruit for lunch now. I tried to stick to a thin sliced chicken panini with pickles and mustard, but I don’t know how healthy that is. Water and a simple fruit thing might be best. The problem is that fruit is expensive and goes bad fast. Leaning towards grapefruit slices, but I don’t know of any other options. Salads never fuel me for long too, so I’m hoping this is a better option to get me through the day. Dreading when people around here find out too because then I get bombarded with suggestions, criticisms of my plans, and enough badgering for me to crawl into the nearest McDonald’s for comfort. Another big step is to cut down non-seltzer sodas and serving size. I say after having had 3 Pepsi’s today.
Well, this turned into an odd post about my dieting plans. My exercise bike is going to be stashed away at some point and won’t return until after the new floors are down. I’m not sure if I’m going to be told to keep it in the basement too. Problem with that is it’s freezing down there in the winter and I’m not using it bundled up like I’m about to shovel snow. I push myself to do 18-20 Miles Per Hour for 15 minutes, so I start hard and maintain that since I can’t go for long. It’s a tactic I read online for people who don’t have a lot of time to exercise. This means, I get off with aching legs and covered in sweat. Walking to the bathroom next to my room for a shower is easier than trudging up two flights of stairs if it’s in the basement. Found some weights in my closet too, so maybe I’ll start using those in the morning when I wake up. I can put them in a better location for when I roll out of bed.
Again, I’m sure the comments will be filled with suggestions and criticisms, so please remember that I’m easily frustrated when it comes to this. Only time I successfully lost 20 pounds by biking 30 minutes a day and eating better, I gave up because my proud declaration was met with those two things. One person told me how I could improve by changing everything I was doing. Another simply told me how much more weight I needed to lose to no longer be obese. Then winter struck and the bike was in the basement, so I shut down on the idea completely. So, think before you leave a comment on this topic please.
Okay, this is a writing blog most of the time, so I really should do something about that. I won’t be working on War of Nytefall: Ravenous for a while. The carpet thing and me having my son for the next 3 weekends means I can’t be sure of author time. I might slip a section in from time to time if I have the energy. Got 5 chapters left and things are heating up, so I might wait until I get a sure run of time for it. I’m hoping to release War of Nytefall: Eradication in that time too. NEVER TOO LATE TO VOLUNTEER TO PROMOTE IT! I’m dancing around all of these ideas, but I have run into one issue that I might post about tomorrow. I’ve got a poem scheduled now, but I can push that back to Super Bowl Sunday since I’ll be busy then. Yeah, that might be a good idea even though I have to be vague.
Goals for the week:
- Clear more stuff out of mine and my son’s rooms for the work.
- April blog post scheduling.
- Get some sleep.
- Prepare for Super Bowl party next weekend.
- Try to look at the outline for War of Nytefall: Savagery because that’s where the problem is.
- Eat fruit for lunch. Maybe with yogurt too?
- Work on a puzzle that I need to finish before the floor thing.