Don’t we all wish at times to be able to see even a little into the future? Guess not everyone, but it could have some advantages. You’ll definitely know about the weather or traffic. Waking up will tell you if it’s worth getting out of bed. No more paying for movies since you can see the ending . . . Well, I guess we already have the Internet for that one. Still, this would be a fun power, but with a lot of danger. Maybe one needs a few guidelines to using precognition.
- Be careful who you talk to about your powers. Sharing your gift so openly is bound to attract the attention of unsavory folks. Not only gamblers, but criminals of all kinds who want to see if they can get away with things. We’re talking cheating on your math final all the way to jaywalking. Probably some other evil stuff too.
- It doesn’t hurt to use subtly use your powers for a little edge. Nothing too obvious, but you can always pay off debts and bills when they get too high. Just need to look into the right future and place yourself accordingly. Playing sports can be tricky too here because you might always know when and where the opponents are coming.
- As long as you don’t need physical contact or an in-person visual, you can probably tell futures over the Internet. Hide your voice and location then put yourself out there to do your thing. It is okay to say that you can grant wishes too because many people might not know the difference between that and precognition. Oh, try to make sure you’re paid under the table to avoid the government peeking in on your abilities.
- DO NOT LET THE GOVERNMENT KNOW YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE! Seriously, I don’t have to tell you how bad an idea this is.
- Regardless of how tempting it is, avoid looking at your own future. Besides the loss of any sense of excitement about life, you can easily run yourself into an existential crisis here. Did your future factor in that you would look into your future or did looking into the future change what you saw? Could you have avoided this fate if you didn’t give in to curiosity or was this inevitable? How many diverging timelines exist in reality and are you making more with every viewing?
- Just accept that people are going to mix it up with telepathy at times. No idea why this happens. Precognition is seeing the future and telepathy is reading minds. They don’t really go in the same bucket outside of being psychic powers. At best, you can see into the future to get an idea of what the other person is going to say or do, but their thoughts are blocked. Maybe you should just have a sign to carry around and show people when this comes up.
- Use your powers to stop you from making a 7 Tips to Precognition list. This didn’t work out nearly as well as I had expected. I think. Maybe it’s what it was meant to be and I had no choice in the matter. Is there a seer in the house?