I actually managed to hit publish and set up a lot of the promos while on my trip. Part of it stemmed from not being able to sleep well when away from home. The other was that I spent most of last weekend trying to hide a really bad anxiety attack. No word on if people noticed me disappearing from the party every now and again. Since nobody came looking for me then I assume I wasn’t missed. All I did was lie down on an air mattress to read manga, do word searches, or do breathing exercises until I felt like I could go back out there. Still, I mustered enough gumption to get the new book out and figured the storm was over . . . Boy, was I wrong.
For those who have followed me for a few years, you might have picked upon the comedy that tends to ensue after I release a book. There’s always some disaster that ranges from the flu to broken laptops to me realizing I uploaded the unedited book while deleting the edited one. This time was a throwback to Beginning of a Hero when I broke a wisdom tooth and that started a whole thing of more teeth stuff. Well, you can probably guess what happened, but I’ll give you a play-by-play:
- Monday was a normal day with my son starting camp and me working on Raven’s Wrath.
- Tuesday started with me chipping a tooth on my cereal. Called the dentist and got an appointment to check it out on Saturday.
- Wednesday was July 4th, but I was being careful. That is until I ate a fry and felt the chip turn into a crack. It was like a pizza pie with a slice taken out of it.
- Thursday I called to get an appointment since it was getting worse. This resulted in a full day experience of a ROOT CANAL. My first one and it wasn’t as bad as I’d heard, but still not recommended as a fun experience. I didn’t even get to each anything until 3 PM, but I got my head together (Ibuprofen!) to get the kid to martial arts. As you can guess no writing happened.
- Friday is me resting and trying to be gentle. Think I’m on a yogurt and pudding diet for a while.
So, that was the big mess of the week. I didn’t get much writing done and had a lot of trouble keeping up with social media. I’m sorry if I missed a post helping with the new book. Please let me know if I forgot to come by and I’ll swing on over to handle comments with apologies. This really threw everything off and I still have 2 appointments to go before it’s all done. They have to put a crown on there, so it’s prepping next week and then the final product two weeks later. My goal is still to finish Raven’s Wrath by the end of the month, so I can do casual editing through August. Probably tackle Derailing Bedlam for next summer and then move on to War of Nytefall: Rivalry. I’m not going to kill myself too badly in the fall since school has all of these breaks and I’m not behind any more.
Quest of the Brokenhearted is selling pretty well. The sale is helping and summer is notoriously rough, especially the last two years. Nothing else I can really say on that end of things. Oh, I did lose about 9 positive reviews on Tuesday, which is starting to become a common thing. I’ve heard from other authors that they’re losing reviews left and right with no idea what’s going on. Some reviewers appear to be getting deleted entirely too, so I’m guessing it’s an Amazon algorithm gone wild.
Well, that’s really all for the week. The root canal overshadowed everything else and the rest of the time was spent relaxing. Summer might be a lot of these posts, especially since I’m learning more people than I realized are lurking around here. Seeing that politics are getting more widespread too. Leaning towards keeping that a private thing just because I don’t feel like dealing with the headaches. So, what are the goals of the week?
- Take son to camp, martial arts, and a handful of appointments. I’ll be more chauffeur than author here.
- Dentist appointment.
- Write more of Raven’s Wrath. I’ll talk more about it next week barring any overshadowing event.
- Try to get back into biking since I was slightly derailed.
- Read more ‘MAR’ and request more ‘Bleach’.
- Cooking if I feel like it.
- Come up with some outings.
- Get a little extra sleep since I couldn’t use the sleep apnea device for a few days.