Honestly, I feel like this week was dedicated almost entirely to errands. I remember driving a lot, weather being wacky, and a few really nasty anxiety attacks. Good thing I didn’t try to edit or write during this period because it was taking all of my strength to come off as functional both on and off the computer. I’m noticing that I put a lot of effort into hiding the times I’m having trouble, which is something I’m going to get into a little later.
Progress was gained in a few arenas. I looked over the outline for War of Nytefall: Temptation, which I think I’ll start writing in May. This means I won’t give myself time to write the final Raven story before summer, but I might be able to work on that a bit in July while my son has a half-day camp. My next goal is editing Quest of the Broken-Hearted and then War of Nytefall: Lost. I hope that editing the second book before writing the third will help me clear my head since I noted a few details I missed when I glanced through. Things like Titus’s scars and Decker’s medal as well as putting a cameo in that was reserved for the third book. Oops. Still, the outline is good to go and I have a plan. Nearly done with that Sin story outline too and should be completed by the end of the weekend. Not much else to say on that one.
There was one stumble though. I’m back to looking for a cover artist for Quest of the Broken-Hearted. Alison who does War of Nytefall was going to do it, but had to bow out of the summer one. Totally understandable given the situation and I’m glad she let me know with 2 months before release. So, I’m going to be looking around again for someone who can do this and not wipe out my dwindling royalty account. Due to the story being connected to Legends of Windemere, I can’t go for a generic and the overall theme hasn’t really made any of those things click. That means I can’t go with 99designs either because very few people listen to character descriptions and this one kind of requires they be on there. I have an idea about who I will contact once I get my act together since I always find it tough to make first contact. My current bout of anxiety isn’t helping here, but I think I have a plan.
Guess I’ll get to the anxiety thing now. I had a really bad attack on Wednesday that I was managing to keep hidden, which now strikes me as wrong. It’s one that I woke up with and got steadily worse throughout the day. So, I’m trying to think of a way to reveal what I’m going through since it affects me everywhere. At the same time, I was looking for a new theme for Thursday because I only have one character bio to go before that day is opened up. I’m thinking of writing about anxiety from my own perspective, but I will admit I’m a little hesitant for a few reasons:
- This won’t help sell books, which some people will point out.
- This could make me look weak, which some people have already pointed out when I bring up the topic.
- It could set off an anxiety attack when I write it and when I reply to comments.
- The people who read my blog and contact me in private might get set off here. Not so much in a negative way, but in a way that makes me feel like I should have just kept my mouth shut. It’s one of those ‘hearts in the right place’ things for some and ‘stop letting people know you’re broken’ thing for others. This probably frightens me the most because I’ve gotten in trouble over here for being too honest on my blog. That’s without me naming names too.
I’m going to take a little time this weekend to make a topic list to help me get my head wrapped around this idea. I’ll be calling it my ‘Anxiety Journal’ and we’ll see how it goes. If it gets too damaging then I’ll drop it.
Wanting to end on a good note, my schedule is changing up next week because my son is getting moved up to the next martial arts class level. It’s a little early in terms of age, but he’s great at listening and focusing. So, we’re going to see how this goes. It means the class is later in the evening and one is on a Thursday instead of a Friday, but we’ll adjust as we move along. My nights might get a little more rushed in terms of writing unless he has dinner before he goes. He’s very happy and proud, but I think he’s a little sad that he won’t be with his friends. He can still see them as they pass each other and the martial arts camps tend to be for everyone. Still, this is a big step for him and I hope it boosts his confidence even more.
So, what are the plans for the week?
- Edit Quest of the Broken-Hearted
- Make list for Anxiety Journal and write first entry
- Adjust schedule for changes
- Biking, cooking, and the usual
- Finish writing the Sin outline
- Start reading ‘Ready Player One’
- Take son to see baby chicks (is that repetitive?) at the library before they’re gone.
- Play more Lego Indiana Jones