First the news . . . I saw Star Wars: Force Awakens and it was really good.  Can’t say any more without spoilers.

Now for the important news . . . I won’t have the book out before Christmas.  A person wiser than me (my bestie and occasional partner in cheesecake) pointed out that releasing the book now could backfire.  She’s very right.  It’s very close to the holiday and the schools are starting their breaks.  People are away on vacation or busy with family, so the debut posts might end up playing to an empty audience this week.  Even I’d be absent for chunks of this week with the kid being home and some family events on the horizon.  That would cost me valuable time with the promotions.  So, what will I do?

I’m going to be releasing Legends of Windemere: The Mercenary Prince after the weekend.  Due to already purchasing various marketing space for January, I do need to have the book go live before the end of the month.  The sale link is needed for these promos.  I’m thinking of publishing it late on Monday, December 28th or early on Tuesday, December 29th.  Weather, health, and a final family event are the deciding factors here. Beyond that, next week is actually a lot clearer in terms of time at least for me.  I can do a stronger push without rushing to meet the holiday and use this week to build up some hype.

Starting with the cover:

Cover Art by Jason Pedersen

Cover Art by Jason Pedersen

So, what do you think of the cover and the plan?  Again, I do apologize about the sudden change.  For those who are hosting guest posts, I promise to send those out as soon as the book goes live.  You will receive them before January.

This entry was posted in The Mercenary Prince and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Legends of Windemere: The Mercenary Prince Cover Reveal . . . and News! #fantasy

Oh Charles! That cover is fabulous!
    And your plan sounds good. Great timing.

2. C.E.Robinson says:

Charles, good plan! The cover looks intriguing! The look in the eyes and set of the mouth does it! Merry Holidays! Chryssa

3. Allie P. says:

The cover turned out very nice. I agree with your cheesecake partner, unless you are launching with an $0.00 introductory price you might risk spending fatigue. Much better to wait until people have their brand new kindles and are looking for new content to order.

4. Great cover and wise decision Charles 👍😃🐵

5. I’m with Chris, and everyone else. Smashing cover and a jolly good plan! 😀

6. Cover is great and plan sounds solid.

7. jjspina says:

Great cover and good timing after Christmas when things settle down a little. Best wishes for much success!

I believe publishing after Christmas will be better. Everybody will need new stuff for their new devices. Love the cover.

9. Oloriel says:

The cover reminds me of the previous covers, it is very nice, I really like the shiled! Good luck with your plans, holiday and events, I will be awaiting your release post!
    And yeah, I cant wait for everyone to see Star Wars so I can finaly start having discussions with people beyond “I liked it, can’t spoil!” 😀

10. Jack Flacco says:

Congrats, Charles–great looking cover!