Yeah, Yeah. I keep saying I shouldn’t do these posts on Saturday when nobody is paying attention. Though I’m posting the origin of Ichabod Brooks tomorrow, so this is the Goal Post day.
Not that I have a ton of stuff to say. Last weekend was busy with a trip to the small zoo, lunch at the mall, seeing a friend’s newborns, and the rest of Memorial Day weekend was a blur. In fact, the rest of the week is blurry. Errands, both planned and out of left field, happened. I didn’t come close to finishing the chapters that I wanted to, which is the big disappointment. With June having a few events, I don’t know if I’ll finish this by the end of the month. July is going to be equally chaotic with a trip and the little man’s birthday party. So many things going on that it’s a wonder I get anything done at all.
The parents return to the homestead today and that means a full house again. It also means I don’t get free reign of the desktop. The pretty, beautiful, big screen desktop that makes me realize my laptop is small, slow, and temperamental. I’ll be back to working in the hot bedroom on a bed with not much back support too. Might try to negotiate some desktop time like the morning after I do my biking or whenever my dad has to do something else. Kind of looking forward to the editing run over the summer since that won’t be as harsh. Still wondering if I should put Raven’s Hold in that set or if I’ll be willing to send it to beta readers. On the fence about that. The alpha reader liked it though.
Note to anyone who requested a guest post for the June 12-14 weekend where I’ll be Internet limited: Thank you and I will be sending the HTML or Word files as soon as I have the Ichabod Brooks link to add to it. I don’t know if I should put a message on the post that says I won’t be around much that weekend and that I’ll get to comments the following Sunday night or Monday. Seems like it isn’t that big a thing, but I don’t want to be rude.
That’s life here. Nothing really major happens that people would like blogging about. A big victory was getting the kid to eat hotdogs (though it was really bratwurst). All it took was plastic sword-shaped toothpicks and he’s now eating a teriyaki chicken and pineapple meatball with them. So what’s the goal for next week?
- RELEASE AND PROMOTE ICHABOD BROOKS & CITY OF BEASTS!
- Write more of Book 11.
- Find a teaser for Tuesday.
- Pick up bed rails and finally put the kid’s bed together. It shall achieve its final form! Seriously, it’s like a Dragonball Z villain at this point.
- I don’t want to do any cooking this week.
- Biking should return to a more consistent schedule.
- Possibly catch up on some sleep.
- Clean the stove and vacuum before the parents get home.
- Might want to get the parents from the airport.
- Handle invitations to a future party for 70th bday/70th bday/40th wedding anniversary. None of those involve me.
- Make list for trip in 2 weeks.
- Maybe some outlining if I really wear down.