The Silly Things He Says

This is kicking off a week of ‘Son Stories’.  Starting with some of the silly things he’s said:

Hugging a Rhino

“No pictures!  We go now!  Stop taking pictures!  We keep going!  Bye!” (Grandparents & Mommy fell behind during first zoo trip.

“Daddy?  Can I see the Yellow Dad?”  (Requesting an episode of ‘The Simpsons’.)

“I own the garage, Grandpa.  Not you.  Me.  That my garage, so we go inside.”  (Claiming ownership.)

“No singing!”  “Be quiet please!”  “Stop talking!”  (Various methods of asking for silence even when we’re not talking.)

“Don’t worry about me, Daddy.  You worry about you.  I worry about me . . . Daddy!  I need help!”  (At least he’s trying to use the potty without supervision.)

“I’m going to help the squirrels get acorns.  They keep dropping acorns.  They need help.”  (Waiting for the bus by our oak tree.)

“Hi, Daddy!  I’m not asleep!”  (Happens 2-3 times a week when he tricks my wife into thinking he’s asleep.  He waits for her to go downstairs and then comes right into our room where I tend to be working.)

“Is the Big Man back?  I don’t like the Big Man.  The Big Man is scary.  Did the Big Man go home with his family?  The Big Man works there?  Can we not see the Big Man?”  (He realized that Halloween decorations were up at the nursery around the corner and they usually have some activities.  This includes an animatronic Zombie Butler, which he calls the Big Man.)

“I love you, Daddy.  Now can I have more cookies?”  (This never works, but he keeps trying.)

“Leave me alone, Daddy!  I’m trying to get my work done.”  (Said while I’m trying to write and he’s playing with trains.)

“I’m too little to watch Godzilla, daddy!  You have to watch it without me when you’re older.”  (Pretty self explanatory.  He does love looking at the DVD case though.)

“You silly goosey.”  (Just love this one.)

31 Responses to The Silly Things He Says

1. Elle Knowles says:

Love this! Watch what you say because they will repeat! LOL!

2. Ah that really made me chuckle. Your son sounds like a real character. 🙂

Don’t cha just love when they put you in your place and they’re right?

Awww. So adorable!
    One of these days, maybe you’ll write a picture book for your son. 😀

5. melissajanda says:

Adorable. It’s good you’re documenting these moments. They slip by way too fast. 🙂

6. Really cute. Must keep you laughing.

7. Ownership is a big deal at his age. These are all adorable.

8. We have the opposite problem with sleeping. My daughter hates naps. Tell her that she was sleeping, and she’ll vehemently deny it. (Even as a baby, she rarely ever took day naps.) Today, she actually fell asleep in the car. It was silent, so I asked if she was a sleep. I heard a really groggy, “I’m… not… sleeping.” Next thing I know, she’s hunched over, out cold. (Just resting her eyes though.) 🙂

Great idea to collect these phrases in a blog. I’m always trying to remember the funny things my daughter says.

• My son rarely took napes until he was 9 months old and then we could fight him to a 2 hour quiet period. He’s too old for those things now. At least he can usually entertain himself. 🙂

These blogs are going to be funny when he gets old enough to read them.

9. adorable! I love these personal posts, Charles, it makes the reader feel more intimate with you. Oscar says some similar things but the one I remember most, that always makes me laugh, is what Jonathan said when he was little (which seems impossible now, as he’s 15 and as tall as me). Storming in at three or four years old, having a tantrum, he screamed: ‘I really want to say a DADDY WORD!’ *giggles*

10. Ellespeth says:

I like his various methods of asking for silence even when it’s quiet 😛 I guess that’s just reminding you not to sing or talk later on either.
    Very cute lil boy…