I’m Done . . . Now What Do I Do?

I just wrote the final words of Legends of Windemere: Sleeper of the Wildwood Fugue.  It was a rough trip with a lot of drama and adventure.  I really do need a break from the actual book writing.  This week is rest, next week is birthday, and the week after that is Passover/Spring break.  Then on to Legends of Windemere: The Merchant of Nevera Coil.

The biggest issue with finishing a book is deciding what to do next.  Which project do I tackle?  Book 8 outline while book 7 is fresh in my mind?  Tackle a future story to get that stuff down?  Only thing I do know is that I’ll be continuing the promotions for Family of the Tri-Rune.

Still, I’m done with the book so that’s a victory.

33 Responses to I’m Done . . . Now What Do I Do?

1. It’s a great feeling to be finished. But it’s also kind of like coming out of a jacuzzi and diving straight into a swimming pool. 🙂

2. LindaGHill says:

Congratulations on your completion! 😀

3. Dean says:

Do a novella maybe?!? Take a break for a bit?

4. Congrats on finishing book 7! That’s great – here’s to a well-earned rest!

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Spring is a good time to start something new 🙂

6. Kirsten says:

Congrats Charles! I’m really excited for you. I admire your ability to write an entire series!!

7. Ellespeth says:

I know you’ll think of something to do! I’d start with sleeping in late.
    Ellespeth

8. 1WriteWay says:

I vote for outlining. It won’t make for much of a rest but later you may be glad you did it 🙂 Congratulations on getting this latest one done!

• That’s probably first on the list. Well, second. I’m writing up all of my posts for next week to get them out of the way. The outlining should only take a day because it’s just reworking the existing one to factor in plot changes from the last book.

9. Jade Reyner says:

Well done on your achievements, you’ll have the whole series knocked out in no time! Hope you have plans for after that? 🙂

10. Tuan Ho says:

Write some erotica . . . 🙂

11. Well done, but it sounds like you need a little bit of a break…you deserve it, relax and enjoy.

12. Astrid Tuttle Winegar says:

It’s so satisfying to finish a project, but it can leave you feeling somewhat lost…I guess you only need to worry if you can’t think of anything new to pursue. Sounds like you’re okay there!

13. Jack Flacco says:

Big congratulations, Charles. Good job! Time to enjoy some time with the family, put the computer away for a good portion of the year (just kidding–maybe an hour or two–lol), and put your feet up to enjoy some sweet relief. My advice? Enjoy the moment. Have fun with the editing process and live a carefree existence away for the online world! Congrats again!

14. I’d advise that first, you drink a big drink of your favorite beverage. You did it!! Then, forget about writing. Don’t push yourself to start your next project the very next day. After a few days, the project you’re thinking about most is the one you should begin working on.

• Drink margarita. Got it. Though forgetting about writing is not in my nature. I’m doing the outline for the next book in the series while the past events are fresh in my mind. After that, I’ll play around with my notes.