What Did You Think About 2013?

Might be wondering what the video means.  It could mean something or nothing.  I just had an urge to use it for this.  Maybe that looming deadline has me wanting to turn this into my personal anthem.  Enough about me because it isn’t like I’m going anywhere.  Nope.  People are still stuck with me, my daily posts, and the insanity of me pushing to the next level of authordom.  Like a salmon swimming upstream, but less common sense and the ‘bears’ are more into crippling than eating.  Odd analogy, but I’m tired.

2013 is the year that kicked off a new stage of my life.  I published 3 of my fantasy novels, a horror novella, and a poetry book.  Each of my fantasy novels got onto some Top 100 lists within their first month and hung around the 20’s.  The record is Legends of Windemere: Prodigy of Rainbow Tower at #21 for part of a day.  That’s a great success and I’m looking forward to the day one of my books surpasses it.  I’ll touch on the future tomorrow since I plan on treating January 1st like any other day.

It’s been a busy year with odd stumbling blocks ranging from cracked wisdom teeth to figuring out how to market myself.  Not sure which was more painful, but watching the NY Giants this season is in the top three.  Through the busyness, I made many new friends who I can’t get through the day without hearing from on here.  At least not without being bored out of my mind.  I’ll give special mention here to Ionia, who has become one of the closest friends I’ve ever had.  She really is my best friend and I look forward to seeing what trouble we can get into in 2014.  I assume squirrels, cupcakes, and a high speed chase on a Big Wheels will be involved.  Don’t worry.  We’re both small enough to fit on a Big Wheels without a problem.

It’s been a year of evolution and memories.  Yeah, I know there’s one and a half days to go, but I’m dedicating tomorrow to the future.  So, what did everyone else think about 2013?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to What Did You Think About 2013?

1. Jade Reyner says:

I echo many of your thoughts Charles and it has been a real pleasure for me to get to know you during the last few months. My 2013 has been as mad as yours, although a little less successful, but I am looking forward to attacking 2014 with gusto! I hope that we can continue to communicate on here (translation, I keep picking your brains and you humour me) and build up a friendship that can help us both through the ups and inevitable downs of 2014. Good luck with it all – and great choice of best friend! 🙂

Fantastic year, Charles! When we lost contact through wordpress unfollowing blogs, I believe that I must have been the person who missed you most. I missed your wittiness in comments and the thoughtful conversations. I will admit, I was beginning to feel snubbed. My feelings were hurt. I thought I had done something wrong or offensive (which I don’t mind saying is quite probable). It occurred to me how much I valued our friendship. I admire and respect you. In this world of authorship, books, marketing and publishing, you are like a mentor to me. Yes, I will say it, I need validation from you. I would like to think that I don’t need validation from anyone, but that would not be the truth. So I am telling you now, the very best thing that has happened to me this year was not publishing a book, it is the friendships that I have made this year…you, Ionia, and others…and that you accept me with all of my insecurities, and my outlandish craziness. Have a Happy New Year 🙂

• That really was a weird incident. I’ve accidentally unfollowed in the past when using my phone and missing the ‘like’ or ‘reblog’ with my chubby fingers. I got unsubscribed from at least 3 for over a week because I thought people were simply away for Thanksgiving.

I have to agree that the friendships are certainly the highlight. It feels like a lifetime ago when I wasn’t chatting with so many great, friendly people that I can’t get through the day or week without.

3. Sue Vincent says:

Thousands of miles, many new friends, seven books, a new School launched and one son married…2013? Awesome!

4. 2013 has been a pretty good year overall, no major tragedies, so I guess I will take it with a smile. 🙂

5. Starting a blog and receiving comments from other creative people has been the best part of 2013. Following seasoned writers has been a huge help. For that I say thank you, Charles. Happy New Year!

6. twixie13 says:

Eh, the year’s been kind of a mixed bag. Still been unable to find a job, been getting more and more reminders that my computer is basically a relic, and have had dental issues. But on the plus side, I’ve been getting a crapload of artwork done (well over 100 pictures at least), and I’ve been figuring out more and more things for my writing. Planning to finally get around to some editing in the new year. Let’s see what said new year brings.

• Good luck in 2014. Health-wise it’s not been a fun year for me either. How old is the computer?

• twixie13 says:

Give or take, about 6 years or so, I think. It’s a Mac, and it’s a couple of operating systems behind. The CD drive broke years ago. The trackpad has recently gotten screwy. I’m on my 2nd replacement charger within a year, and have gotten another for when this one inevitably craps out. Also, hoping 2014 goes well for you, too.

• Amazing how a computer is considered ancient at such young ages. They really aren’t made to last these days.

7. 2013 was ok but I felt I became stagnant there for awhile… I have high hopes for 2014… kicking it off January 1 with a 5k.

8. Most importantly it has been a year of Charles and I have been honored watching it unfold. I look forward to 2014 and many more high points.

9. We survived it. Well, technically we have a day to go… 🙂

10. Pingback: Response to Legends of Windemere – Charles Yallowitz | Myas - A Tragic Lady But No TB

11. Myas says:

Linkin Park sparked a long response. Here’s the link if you want to read it. http://preziosofrye.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/response-to-legends-of-windemere-charles-yallowitz/

If you do I hope you enjoy it. 🙂