Ereader News Today

I signed up for Ereader News Today.  This site was suggested by King Midget, who has seen a lot of success with it.  He is the expert, so visit his site and learn a lot about self-publishing.  You won’t be disappointed.

I only signed up today, so I have no feedback on how well it works.  Here is what I do know about Eredear News Today:

1. They post 7 bargain books a day on Monday through Friday.  These are books that are .99 cents or less.  They also post free books, which seem to be listing all of them.  I don’t have a free book to test it with.
  2. They cannot guarantee that your book will be posted during a .99 cent sale period, so there’s a risk if you’re doing the price change for a limited time.  It’s free to sign-up, so no risk.
  3. Your book needs at least 10 reviews and at least an overall 4.0 star rating on Amazon.  They go for quality here.
  4. You pay a 25% cut of royalties on anything that sells through their site.  It’s ONLY on books sold through them, so books that are sold by any other means will not factor into their cut.

I’m sure you guys are looking at this and thinking ‘no’.  I did too, but it’s free to sign-up.  That 25% cut had me nervous.  Then, I thought it through and realized that it would imply I made some money.  With all of the free sites that I have myself connected to, I don’t think adding this into the mix would be a bad idea.  It’s also advertising, so tax deduction.  Again, King Midget is the expert on this and he made a very good case.

I’m also looking at this in terms of the series.  The first book on this can help draw people into the sequel (once it debuts) and this site can increase its reach.  Beginning of a Hero is a guinea pig to some extent.  It’s my first book and the foundation of everything that comes later.  So, this type of site should help me out.  I’ll keep an eye out for my book to show up in their newsletter and then check the sales.

Watch me forget to check for the newsletter, but I’ll know something is up if I get a sudden influx of sales.

43 Responses to Ereader News Today

1. nice to read some commeon sense.. Since I am just beginning to put together a book of short stories. We need to hear this stuff-thanks

2. I go through those books every day. If you forget to check, I will let you know when I see it 🙂

3. ioniamartin says:

Advertising? What is that?

4. 1WriteWay says:

Thanks for being the guinea pig, Charles, and best of luck! Here’s hoping for a huge uptick in sales!

5. kingmidget says:

They will send you an email letting you know that you’re in and what day you will be featured. Also, the 25% only comes off of sales for the day you’re featured and the day after. I’ve sold 200 downloads of my novel since then. And I’ll gladly trade that 25% for the revenue from over 700 copies since ereadernews featured my book. When I dropped the price to .99 nothing changed. Once I got featured in ereadernews, I sold 500 copies in two days. And have continued averaging 3-5 downloads per day since. If you can get on their list, it’s a good thing.

• Thanks. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes. That 500 in two days sounds very appealing. Wonder how genre plays into it.

• kingmidget says:

I asked the woman who runs the website what they typically see for those first couple of days. Never got a response. 😦

• That’s a shame. Maybe they simply didn’t have an answer.

• kingmidget says:

They do. The site is linked to (operated by?) Amazon/Kindle. That’s how they know how many sales you have in those first two days. The invoice specifically refers to the number of sales you have to calculate the 25%.

• What about sales on that day that have nothing to do with the site?

• kingmidget says:

I don’t think they can differentiate between those. Basically, whatever Kindle sales you have on the day they feature you and the following day — they get their percentage from. Not a big concern for me, since I wasn’t getting any bites on my novel until they featured it. The payoff for me far outweighed any risks.

• I was wondering about that. Thought it odd that they could find a way to differentiate. It’ll only be for the one book, so I can deal with that.

6. L.T. Vargus says:

They can differentiate between the two because they use an affiliate link for your book. Only sales that went through their link count.