Beginning of a Hero for .99 Cents

Yesterday, I decided to put Beginning of a Hero back at .99 cents.  The higher royalty was nice, but it wasn’t selling.  With this price, I can continue creating the foundation that I need for the other books.  After doing research I came to three conclusions:

1. There will always be people that think a book is wrongly priced.  It will either be too high for the quality or too low.  You can’t please everyone.
  2. When it comes to self-publishing, you really can’t judge a book by its price.  Judge it by the description, cover, and sample.
  3. The first book of a series staying at .99 cents is fairly common and is a proven practice.  I should stick with my research and my gut on this.

So, click on the cover below to visit the Amazon site or be kind enough to reblog.

Hero Cover Final

16 Responses to Beginning of a Hero for .99 Cents

1. Reblogged this on Year 'Round Thanksgiving Project and commented:
    Have you purchased Charles’ book yet? This is book one in a series. Get it now so you are ready when book two comes out (which I hear will be soon)

2. I’m grabbing a copy. Thanks Charles. One question: Have you thought of using Amazon affiliates link to your own book(s)? I’ve read somewhere—I can’t remember exactly—that it’s recommended; the commission may be meager at first, but from what I’ve seen it can pay for cover art and web hosting, among other things.

• I’ve heard of it, but I haven’t tried yet. I’m connected with a few Amazon affiliates that don’t take out of royalties. Did you have any specific sites in mind?

• I was talking about the Amazon Associates program, which basically means that you post a link to Amazon on your blog using your unique Amazon associate tag, to your books or others. If readers click on the link and make a purchase, you get a small commission. This post by Lindsay Buroker is worth reading, if you’re interested. I haven’t earned anything from these links—most likely because of my low, low traffic—but if Lindsay’s claims are true, every author with a blog should have an Amazon associate account.

• Thanks. for the link. I’ll give it a look.

3. Reblogged this on Julian Froment's Blog and commented:
    You should all read this book, and at this price you can afford to.

4. mrschmoe says:

Ah the fickle climate of self-pubbed universe. It looks like that a few customers consider it as insult when a self-pubbed author wants to sell his/her for 2.99. Sounds like that you had hit several snags. I hope things would pan out for you.

• It’s selling a lot better ever since I made the switch. It’s making me consider starting the sequel for .99 cents until it’s no longer illegible for the best seller list. Once it drops off that, I’ll switch it to $2.99.

It’s funny how some people think $2.99 is offensive and others think .99 cents is a sign of bad quality.

5. Reblogged this on When I Became an Author and commented:
    Looking for a fast-paced fantasy book to lose yourself in? Try “Beginning of a Hero” You won’t be disappointed!

6. 1WriteWay says:

Reblogged this on 1WriteWay and commented:
    Get Beginning of a Hero now for just 99 cents. The ebook costs far less than a tall skinny vanilla latter and is far more satisfying!

7. Reblogged this on Danielle Taylor and commented:
    Grab a copy for 99 cents!

8. Reblogged this on helenvalentina and commented:
    Just spreading the word about Charles’ wonderful book, Legends of Windemere. The first in what I know will be a major series in the fantasy genre! Get in early and be one of the ones that ‘knew the writer back when…’ 🙂 🙂

9. The cover art on this is very eye-catching!

10. Pingback: Celebrate good times | The D/A Dialogues