Last month, I was asked by Julie Green Art to make a list of what keeps me going. The request came right before I left for my convention, I promised to do it the next week, and forgot. For taking so long, I deeply apologize and will make sure to keep some sort of system that avoids this mistake in the future.
So, here’s a list of what keeps me going:
- Tenacious determination.
- Blind stubbornness.
- Wanting to make my son proud when he’s old enough to have a thorough opinion of me.
- The voices in my head.
- An obsessive love of writing and telling stories.
- Urge to prove my doubters wrong.
- Desire to have fun and make friends.
- Helpful nature that translates to a near inability to say ‘No’.
- Added on in edit: A sense of humor.
Might seem like a simple and emotional list, but that’s me. I’ve begun not having much in the way of physical motivators. Most of what keeps me going is internal, which probably explains a few of my emotional outbursts. A few friends have pointed out that I wear my heart on my sleeve even after it’s been stabbed multiple times. Probably true, but I’m no longer the type to keep things bottled up. It doesn’t seem to have a benefit. Anyway, those are the drives behind me.