As I said yesterday, today is my son’s birthday party, which means I’m not going to be around until the late afternoon. Well, what’s left of me will be back and we’ll see where things go from there. I do have a few things that I wanted to figure out by presenting them to the blog. Yeah, the summer isn’t a great time to do this since there isn’t much activity, but it’ll be a first step.
This coming Tuesday will be the last day for the Quest of the Brokenhearted 99 cent sale and that makes me wonder if I should do any more teasers for it. I would have about 5 weeks before the release of War of Nytefall: Lost to do teasers for that book. That’s a difficult one because that will reveal stuff about War of Nytefall: Loyalty, but that might be inevitable. I have to promote the new book and that means showing who chose which side in the civil war. I could do teasers from the first book or even grab one from a Legends of Windemere volume. So, I was wondering what people think. Stick to the published works or start hyping the upcoming new release?
With Raven’s Wrath written and scheduled, I need to figure out what else to do for that month. I always do more than the story since it leads up to Halloween and it won’t be long after War of Nytefall: Lost debuts. I’ve come up with the following ideas:
- Monster Maker either the traditional way or have Lost host it.
- Run a poll next weekend with War of Nytefall characters to see if people would want an interactive interview. These are very hit and miss because it depends entirely on audience interactions. Unless I make another post for people to leave questions.
- Open some days for guest authors to promote horror books. I don’t know many horror authors, so I don’t know how viable this one is. Definitely need to have a number prior to agreeing to this one.
- All three with Interview on Monday, Guest Post on Wednesday, and Monster Maker on Friday.
- Something else entirely that people might want to see on this blog. I’ve done a lot over the years, so maybe there’s an old type of post that would work for Halloween and promoting the new book.
So, that’s what I’m hoping to get some answers for. I’m seeing flaws and risks with all of this, which is why I can’t wrap my head around it. Anyway, I’ll get back to comments as soon as I can. Probably won’t be for a while, but thanks in advance.