He isn’t a champion, but the series wouldn’t be the same without him. Fizzle has come to the rescue many times as well as needing help. It’s always been a little vague if he is an agent of destiny or free will. After his slumber, Fizzle came back stronger and talked about needing to help his friends. I thought this locked him in, but one can never be certain with drites. They have a reputation for being fickle and only journeying with people until they find something more interesting. As you can tell, this didn’t happen since Fizzle liked having friends. Yet, what does the future hold for him?
We’re going to operate under the pretense that he’s going to live through all of this. That sound more ominous than I meant it? Look, Fizzle is going up against the Baron and he’s still functioning at the same power level as when he started. Not like a 200+ year-old dragon can increase much more beyond knowledge and tactics. I know the Fizzle lovers are praying he makes it out unscathed and lives happily ever after. To be fair, even if he gets out without an injury, he’ll be happy. The little guy has always been a fairly optimistic character.
There are various options for him:
- Fizzle returns to protect Visindor Forest and get apple pies from Hamilton Military Academy. It would be a return to his original state, but he’ll have a closer connection to civilization instead of being a mysterious being of the forest.
- Stays with Nyx, if she survives, and settles into a city life. This isn’t as likely because he isn’t very comfortable in the city. More than likely, he would be living in the forests nearby or make himself comfortable in a park. This is actually more likely if Nyx ends up living in the wilderness due to something going horribly wrong in the final battle.
- Stays with Luke, if he survives, and follows him on his next adventure. This could be his life with Kira, life with Sari, or him wandering off on his own. Yeah, I’m not hinting at what this is. I would lean more towards this in terms of Fizzle staying with one of the champions. The reason for this is because he’s been with Luke the longest out of the champions.
- Travel with Trinity to Shayd and try to restore the forests. Fizzle hasn’t had a very close relationship with the chaos elves, but he could come out of this with a taste for adventure. That Callindor wanderlust can be infectious. The chance to be the first drite on a continent could tempt him enough to take the risk, which would also help with Trinity’s efforts to unite with the rest of the world.
- Something else entirely that you wouldn’t expect.
As I said in a previous post, I came up with various ending scenarios for every character. Fizzle is no exception, but I do have to be careful here. He’s the most popular one with Nyx a distant second. Even then, I can get away with a lot of mean stuff to the champions that I can’t with Fizzle. Seems like him getting hurt is upsetting, so I have to choose his finale very carefully.
What would you like to see happen to Fizzle?