Every October, I’ve done something called ‘Monster Maker Fun’. People leave a comment on a post with fake words that I turn into creatures and magical items for some posts. This isn’t exactly about that.
For now, I only have Raven’s Dawn scheduled for every day in October. This is the third installment of my attempt at a horror series. Yeah, it might not work since I’ve had Bedlam going for so long, but I promised people another round with Dawn Addison. Now, I could leave it at that and not throw anything else into the mix besides the Saturday goal post. After all, I’m going to be starting War of Nytefall in early September and promoting Path of the Traitors, so a simple month might work best. It could also kill all of my momentum.
So, here are my ideas for October that I would appreciate some opinions on:
- Leave it with Raven’s Dawn.
- Have that story and do a weekly Monster Maker Fun. (This is what I did last year with a TON of reblogs for friends promoting stuff.)
- Have that story and, if possible, Monster Maker Fun 3x a week.
- Have that story, a weekly Monster Maker Fun, and maybe another weekly on various monsters of Windemere. Maybe a poll to see what monsters people are curious about?
- Have the story, a weekly Monster Maker Fun, and a weekly thing that deals with Legends of Windemere. Not sure what I can do there that’s Halloween-like. I mean, I could try to do a weekly segment with the Lich, but I’m not sure what I could have him do for 4 weeks.
So there are my ideas and I hope at least one of them is appealing. If people are interested in the Monster Maker Fun then I might try to get suggestions for that in mid-September and gradually work through it. I’ll be in monster mode by then since I’ll have gotten a few chapters into my Dawn Fang series.