I’m making this a sticky post since I know weekends are busy for people.
After speaking with C.S. Boyack about blog tours, he pointed out that I really need to give Legends of Windemere a big sendoff. I know there’s still Path of the Traitors to release first and I’m aiming for September. Yet, I should start preparing for Warlord of the Forgotten Age in December. It’s a long ways off, but not that long since we’ve already passed the halfway mark of 2017. A ‘Book is Live’ post that everyone posts might not do this justice. It’ll work for the next release, but not the finale.
This is going to be tough. I’m not a member of the RRBC because I don’t think I can meet the reading requirements. I’m not part of an author group that shares a blog and promotes each other. Yet, I know I’m not alone. I have people who follow my blog and have been watching Windemere roll toward the finish line. So, what can I do here?
Unique Guest Posts
Every person who offers to help will get a post on a special topic. Of course, I’d like to talk with the blogger about what they think would work best. Some things would require a back-and-forth. I’m always happy to be handed a topic because it’s fun to think about something I hadn’t considered before. Ideally, I’d love to get over 20 special posts ready for when the book is live. Craig did come up with a few ideas and I had some too, so I’ll share those below. A lot of these are going to be ‘first come, first serve’:
- Author interview (Want to keep this to 1 or 2)
- Character interviews (First come, first serve for characters and the host would have to give the questions)
- Character evolution posts (First come, first serve again. Can’t have 5 Nyx posts)
- Feelings on finishing a series.
- The infamous Luke/Kira/Sari romance (I still get hate for this one)
- Writing a main villain who spends most of the series sealed away
- What I’ve learned about *insert subject* (This would be a tip post)
- Tips on bundling large novels
- Anything world building related like Windemere races, monsters, magic, cities, cultures, etc.
- A post on any supporting or villain character that you personally liked
- Tips to planning and writing a long series
- What’s next for Windemere
That’s all I can think of, but I’m happy to work on something that comes to a host’s mind. This is for December too, so I’ll probably make a volunteer request every other Sunday in the hopes of gathering a big push. For any authors out there, I’d be happy to trade promos and host you if you’re willing to do the same. If you know anybody who does guest posts then I’d be really appreciative of a hookup. Needless to say, I’m nervous and might have been downplaying the push because of my ‘coming to the end’ anxiety. Time to shed that and get things ready for the finale.
Feel free to volunteer for the basic ‘Book is Live’ post for Path of the Traitors too.
Finally, doing all of this does make me wonder what I’ll be posting on my own blog. Maybe I’ll take the topics that nobody else does? I know it’s dangerous asking other questions here because they can distract from the main post. Still, I should probably figure that out.