Questions 3: Running Amok

This week has been all levels of chaos.  Some things have changed that I can’t get into yet because the announcement requires more pomp.  I think.  Honestly, I’m just running around like a chicken with its head partly cut off.  Not enough to kill it, but enough to make life a rush of panic until it get to a mad scientist for help.

The original plan was to put up the blurbs for Tribe of the Snow Tiger and get feedback while I was out for the day.  Simple plan that I’ve done before.  Keeps blog traffic going and gets some work done while I’m away.  Except my dumb ass never did more than make the empty file a few months ago.  Instead, we get some half-ass questions that I hope will entertain.  With any luck, the real plan will go off Saturday or Sunday when there’s barely enough blog traffic to stomp a termite to death.

1. Ever have a week where you swear somebody put a curse on you?
  2. What is a telltale sign that you’re reaching your stress limit?
  3. How do you pull back from the edge?

This entry was posted in Questions 3 and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Questions 3: Running Amok

1. 1.) Most weeks.

2.) I get stress headaches, and my vision gets bad eye strain.

3.) I usually don’t.

2. twixie13 says:

!) More often than I would like to admit.
    2) There have been times where I’ve become so stressed, I’ll wrap right back around to this eerie calm. Other times, however, I’d just cry.
    3) I do whatever I can to keep my mind off of the stress, with the hope that things won’t be as horrible on a later look at things. If it’s one of those “eerie calm” types of things, I’d draw.

3. Ever have a week where you swear somebody put a curse on you? I have had very few weeks of feeling there was no curse placed on me. So yes.
    What is a telltale sign that you’re reaching your stress limit? My right eye starts twitching and the cat heads for the lower level.
    How do you pull back from the edge? Take a deep breath and go for a walk. BTW I loved the comment about barely enough blog traffic to stomp a termite. Ha ha ha.

1. Ever have a week where you swear somebody put a curse on you?
    Yes, I’ve had weeks like that. I’m sorry you’re having that kind of week.

2. What is a telltale sign that you’re reaching your stress limit?
    I talk to myself, and the air seems to pulse—a sign that I have a stress headache.

3. How do you pull back from the edge?
    Besides prayer? I take a nice, hot bubble bath. And then I do something creative. Lately, I’ve been crocheting dragons. Really. A kid’s party is coming up with a dragon theme. I also design doll furniture and sheets. Really. Very relaxing.

• 1. Think we’re up to a year like that. 😀

2. Headache seems to be a common one. The pulse in the air is a new one though.

3. Crochet dragons sounds really cool. I’ve used baths to help relax, but I never find them comfortable. Just sitting in water with nothing to do drives me nuts.

• L. Marie says:

I sometimes get ophthalmic migraines, where you see things pulsing in the air. Just being quiet in a dark room helps.
        Yes, this kid surprised me by wanting a dragon theme, rather than a dinosaur theme, which the son of another friend requested. Had to make several T-Rexes for that one.

• Darkness does seem to help with some headaches. I wonder if it’s because the optic nerves are under less distress. Has the kid seen ‘How to Train Your Dragon’?

5. Helen Jones says:

wow! sounds like a tough week, Charles – hope the weekend brings some respite. In answer to your questions:
    1) Yes. I always think, I wish you thrice what you wish for me, hoping to turn it back onto them.
    2) Crushing chest pain and no breath.
    3) Meditation. Or punching stuff. They both seem to work 😉

• The weekend is looking just as busy. At least Saturday where I’m back at the doctor. Next week is a little better, but not by much.

The crushing chest pain sounds terrible and scary. Good idea with the meditation.

• Helen Jones says:

Oh, I used to full blown feel sick, retching, had terrible stomach and chest pain – this was when I was a lot younger. I now don’t take things as seriously at all – but it’s been a long road to learn that. Now I recognise when I need to step back and just breathe. Meditation has done wonders for me.
        Hope your doctor visit goes well, and that things ease up for you soon. 🙂

• If the stress gets really bad then I get crippling stomach cramps. Feels like I’ve been stabbed in the gut and can barely move. It’s one of those things that requires relaxing, but I can’t do it with all the pain.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Helen Jones says:

You too Charles, hope you feel better soon.