First Sketch: Allure of the Gypsies Possibility

Jason Pedersen, the artist behind my covers, sent me this sketch of a possible cover for Legends of Windemere: Allure of the Gypsies.  It’s just a preliminary, but I thought I would share to get people going ooh and aah.  The sketch is of Sari the Gypsy dancing, which she does tend to do. Thinking about it, she’s always moving, spinning, or doing something physical.  Guess I gave her some hyperactivity without realizing it.

What do you think?

Sketch of Allure of the Gypsies Cover

Sketch of Allure of the Gypsies Cover

This entry was posted in Sneak Peeks and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to First Sketch: Allure of the Gypsies Possibility

1. I am going to be one of the ‘ooh and aah’-ers. The preliminary sketch is very cool. I love the movement.

I have always been sort of enchanted by the gypsy lifestyle. It is a really cool first sketch. I am eager to see the final…more than that, I am eager to get on with my reading of the series.

3. Papi Z says:

Will this be out this coming month Charles?

4. annotating60 says:

I like the cover idea Charles. >KB

5. I’ll add to the “Oooooo…Ahhhhh”, great preliminary sketch.

6. I can see a lot of possibilities for the cover – can’t wait to see the final (or nearly final) cover design

You have wonderful covers. I love Jason’s style.

8. I’ll go with, Oooh. 🙂

9. Ellespeth says:

I say this sketch to be somewhere in your story – some unfolding unfinished part. It’s very nice!
    Ellespeth

10. melissajanda says:

Nice. Your cover artist is very talented.

11. mrsgillies says:

Really like it! Looking forward to seeing it as it progresses.