(Add-on: This is my 500th post? Wow. Talk about odd timing.)
So this is my birthday. The first one where I had a blog to post on. The first one where I’m a published author. The second one that started with a screaming toddler. To celebrate, I’m taking my wife’s car in for an oil change and then editing my 4th book while blogging. It’s a weekday and my family traditionally celebrates birthdays on whichever bookended weekend is free. So, here are a few things I know about this day:
April 9th Events
- Henry V crowned King of England in 1413
- Sir Walter Raleigh leaves England to found the Roanoke Colony in 1585. Be cooler if it was the day they disappeared, but I’ll take what I can get.
- Oldest known recording of a human voice is made by a guy whose name I can’t pronounce.
- Robert E. Lee surrenders in Virginia and ends the Civil War in 1865.
- Alaska bought and Russia claimed ‘no-backsies’.
- A lot of battles, other leader appointees, and death. Is that really all we remember in history?
I’m only going by the names I know off the list I found on Wikipedia:
- John Davenport- founder of New Haven
- Charles Baudelaire- French poet
- Earl Lambeau- American football coach
- Hugh Hefner- Founder of Playboy
- Dennis Quaid- American Actor
- Cynthia Nixon- Actress (I think)
- Jenna Jameson- Pornstar (2 more of these on the list. :/)
- Rachel Specter- Model/Actress (Might be thinking Regina Spectre though)
- Jay Baruchel- Canadian Actor
- Kristen Stewart- Actress . . . depending on who you ask.
I think this list also proves that I know very little about foreign celebrities and barely pay attention to history or the world around me. Honestly, that was a long list and I only recognized 10 people. Though a lot of them were foreign artists and politicians from before my time. April 9th didn’t seem to be a popular day of birth in the ’90s.
That’s really all I could find on the day. I’m always interested in new information if anybody has anything. Now, off to run errands and build up an appetite for dinner. I was going to splurge on a Jack Daniels bacon burger, but decided to go with a Dragonfire Chicken and a BBQ Chicken flatbread instead. Take-in from TGI Friday’s . . . hopefully.