A big and enthusiastic thank you to DLFwriting for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I saw things like this on other blogs and figured it wouldn’t be something to think about for a long time. But here I am blushing and trying to type up this post about my first award. So, again a very big thank you and I hope everyone takes a look at his site, which is filled with entertaining stories and informative posts. In fact, I should probably take a break from reading his posts, so I can finish this up:
Versatile Blogger Rules (If you choose to obey them)
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I have tried to keep up with several blogs and add new ones every day since I started here a little over a month ago. Being so new, it’s really hard to choose only 15 awards because I have been highly entertained and fascinated by everyone that I’ve been following. I don’t always remember to hit the ‘like’ button (I swear, I’ll get the hang of that thing before the month is out), but I am reading. So, in no specific order here are the 15 blogs that I have found the most amazing to date:
- The Jiggly Bits
- Attila Ovari
- Spilled Ink
- Gman’s Galaxy
- my ScrapMuse Is . . .
- Words Becoming
- I’ve infused myself with puppy DNA.
- charlottesville winter
- TIPPR Blog
That’s the list after some thorough thought and getting heavily distracted by new and old posts. I hope everyone enjoys exploring these blogs like I have.
Now for the embarrassing part of the program with 7 facts about me. These facts are brought to you by me with the assistance of my wife who is far too happy to help with this. Seriously, if her grin gets any bigger, the top of her head is going to fall off:
- I walk on my toes all the time, which is a habit that I’ve had since childhood. Apparently, this is a sign of development delays, but nobody told me. All I know is that I have strong calf muscles, great balance, and silent movement that drives people nuts.
- I passed my Geography 101 class by writing a paper on the Elves of Middle Earth and how their cultures were determined by their environment. Got a perfect grade.
- My grandparents sent me to Israel for the summer after I graduated high school. It was a teen tour focusing on culture and the arts, but apparently all the writing mentors/guests opted out during the flight over I was the lone writer among actors, dancers, musicians, and other artists. Also, my luggage decided to get off the plane in Athens, Greece. My introduction to people was, “Hi! I’m Charles and my luggage is in Athens! Does anybody have an extra toothbrush?”
- When I was a child, I was shown the first run of Muppet dolls that were about to be released. A family friend had connections and got me an early look at the dolls. Instead of being happy, I declared “Where’s Gonzo?!” According to family lore, I was given the Gonzo prototype from that line along with a cape to make him Super Gonzo. Since then, I chewed up the nose, lost the cape, got gum all over him, and gave him a haircut. I don’t think he’s worth anything, but I’ll be damned if I get rid of him.
- I once received a high school award for Excellence in Italian. I promptly failed the Regents Exam a few weeks later. Needless to say, the teacher was not thrilled with me.
- I was my high school’s entire fencing team.
- I mention an actress that I’m scared of in my bio here, so I guess I’ll admit it since it is interesting and I’m not sure what else to say. I’m terrified of Kristen Stewart. Let me be clear that I don’t hate her and I don’t think she’s a bad actress. Yet, at some point in April when I saw a picture of her, my body kicked into ‘fight/flight mode’ and it flight was winning. Honestly, I have no idea why she scares me on an instinctual level. Again, I have no problem with her, but part of me thinks she’d kill without a second thought. (For those that are wondering, yes my wife is laughing at me.)
That’s me in a crazy nutshell. I’ve seen other people sum it up in a single sentence, so here goes: I am the toe-walking, sword-swinging, Italian-failing, Geography-passing, Muppet-loving guy that has been to Israel and is terrified of an actress who cannot possibly weigh more than 100 pounds. Does the award come with a padded room or do I have to rent my own?
Again, thank you to DLFwriting for nominating me and I hope everyone enjoys the 15 blogs of fun that I listed.