Passover Funnies

Well, it’s the second night of Passover.  I’d do something more in-depth, but I’m going to be spending time with my son.  This way, I don’t have to worry about responding to detailed comments.  I’ll save more ‘future story’ posts for next weekend.  Enjoy and have a slice of pizza for me.  (Don’t even think of suggesting matzah pizza.  Gross.)

19 Responses to Passover Funnies

1. Have a great Passover, Charles 😃

2. ospreyshire says:

Those are some funny memes. I hope you have a blessed Passover.

• Thanks. It’s been eventful so far. Only the second day, so I still have the rest of the week to get through.

• ospreyshire says:

No problem. I’m sure the rest of that holiday will go well.

• Not much happens after the second night. Just have to stick to the dietary restrictions as best as I can.

• ospreyshire says:

Gotcha. I can understand some of the temptations like wanting to have something with leavening in it for example. However, I’ve actually had matzo before, so I think I could manage. I know you’ll knock it out of the park with the dietary restrictions. Last year, I heard stories of Jewish families having virtual Seders when lockdown happened and I felt bad that people couldn’t physically be there with extended family that time especially with elder members of the community. I hope you were still able to celebrate Passover as best you could last year given the circumstances of the world.

• We did the virtual one last year. This one was slightly better, but a covid exposure forced one really important person to be absent. So, I’m not really feeling the holiday or even spring break. That and I’ve grown bored of matzah since I’ve been doing this for 40 years. Not sure why, but it just lost its appeal around 5 years ago. Sucks that pizza is my comfort food when I’m really depressed, but it’s not an option.

• ospreyshire says:

I see. That makes sense and I hope that person is doing alright now. Spring Break does feel weird, but I can assure you that I won’t be a covidiot and go party in Florida or some other place. Makes sense if you’ve been doing this for that long even though I haven’t been on this planet that long. If it makes you feel better, I haven’t had pizza in ages, but you have a more valid reason than me this time of year to not have it. Pizza is the essence of life (I just had to use that joke from the Every Pop Punk Vocalist video), but there are times when other priorities overtake it.

• For me, spring break was just a week off from work and time with my son. That isn’t going anywhere near as well as planned. In fact, it’s a downright disaster. Thankfully, I’m not the partying type anyway, so no risk of covidiot behavior. Never heard of the pizza joke before, but I do agree with the statement. 😁

• ospreyshire says:

Alright. Sorry to hear that about Spring Break. You don’t strike me as a covidiot anyway. Hooray for us introverts! Haha! Yeah, the pizza joke is amazing and it’s even funnier if you know anything about the pop punk music scene.

• Thanks. I’ve been fairly smart. I’ll admit that I’ve gone to a few bars with coworkers, but with precautions. We all know where we’ve been throughout the week too. I don’t know about pop punk music though. My tastes are random, so I never pay attention to anything beyond the tunes.

• ospreyshire says:

You’re welcome. I hear you right there and I haven’t been outside too much besides work, groceries, gas, or the post office to name a few. Don’t feel bad. It’s a subgenre I got tired of and annoyed with the subculture when I was active in the music scene with a former job. There were so many bands loaded with trust fund babies from the upper-class suburbs who’s lyrics are 1st world problem drivel in musical form. When that video came out, a bunch of bands and friends of my mine into music were all saying “It’s funny because it’s true!”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gvb2z1gCg

• I will say that not being able to go out has helped me save on gas. So, silver lining on that one. Wow. That video was rather painful to watch. Think because I know people like that.

• ospreyshire says:

Same here. Even saved some money in the process as well especially in the earlier parts of lockdown. Haha! I certainly know people like that which is sad especially with a former job of mine as a booking agent. Don’t even get me started on how much I dislike Man Overboard and their stupid “Defend pop punk” slogan. These people and their fans don’t know anything about real punk rock!

3. C.E.Robinson says:

Happy Passover, Charles. Matzah pizza might not be bad. Cauliflower crust pizza is quite good. 📚🎶Christine