I’m out for the day since it’s good weather and I promised a little boy in a Superman costume that we can go to the Zoo. That’s just why I won’t be responding very quickly to comments here.
On Thursday, I mentioned that I wanted to do character interviews in December. These usually fail, but I wanted to try a new method. It was suggested that I have my characters chat with characters from other books. This is similar to C.S. Boyack’s Lisa Burton Radio . . . in a way that a Granny Smith Apple is similar to a Red Delicious. The only difference here will be that it’s going to be more of a sit down chat in a Windemere location instead of a radio show. This is also why I’m going to say upfront that, if this happens, Lisa will get first interview and choice of interviewer/ee. Seems only fair since I’m stepping into her arena.
Now, this is how this would work:
- You comment or email that you’re interested.
- We discuss the particulars in an email chain before starting up the chat. Explain the characters involved, who your character will talk with, and the location. Maybe choose the questions in advance.
- I’m still trying to figure out the chat part. I want this to be a natural back and forth, so it might be we go paragraph/question/answer back-and-forth in the emails then I’ll transfer it to a Word doc. My goal is to have 3 questions per character. I’m more than willing to even turn it into a ‘Coffee Talk’ thing instead of an interview.
- The post will have a Windemere book at the top (probably The Spirit Well since it should be new at the time) and the guest author’s book, bio, and social media links at the bottom.
- Postings will be on the Tuesdays in December. If I get a bunch of interests then I’ll carry it into January and however long I need to go to give everyone a turn.
I’m going to be honest again here. I will still be doing a poll to get the top 4 Windemere characters by the end of October. This is in case things fall through and I need to go with the original plan. So, please comment below if you’re interested. Windemere characters will have to be first come, first serve. Don’t really want 4 Nyx interviews. Oh, and Fizzle might not be an option since he recently appeared on Lisa Burton’s Radio Show. If I go this route then he could make cameos if I see an opening.
Hope everyone has a fun day.