So, Legends of Windemere: Beginning of a Hero was on the eReader News Today newsletter yesterday. They posted it as a .99 cent book after I submitted and sent a follow-up email a month later. I assume they’re busy, so a follow-up email helps remind them and bring attention to your submission. Anyway, the results are . . .
110 sales over two days.
Here is where things are going to get confusing for people. This is a great number, but it isn’t much bigger than what I was doing before. So, I have no idea what effect eReader News Today had. They only take a percentage of what is bought through them and I have no idea what that could be. I was still tweeting and Facebook posting, which nets a few sales. I won’t know for a few days what the actual effect is, so there will be a follow-up at some point with exact details. Keep in mind that they take 25% of the royalties earned through them.
I have to admit that I was not thoroughly impressed, but this site was pumped up a lot to me. I probably had extreme hopes for this because I know other authors that used it to great success. Kingmidget used it and got 400 on day 1 and 100 on day 2. I do have some thoughts on what happened:
- Genre could be a factor. The comments on associated posts mentioned the seafood book and no others.
- I was showcased on Labor Day, so people might not have been near their computer or paying attention.
- I was the second book on the list, so the book above me got to be the post image. Exposure is always important and this is just a roll of the dice.
- I noted a few people mentioned they had seen one or two of the books listed before. I could see other people seeing those comments and assume there is nothing interesting in there. Again, roll of the dice.
- I was a .99 cent book and people appeared to be more interested in the free eBooks. This is accepted and I’m not going free for this because free sales have not gone in my favor.
Would I recommend this site? If you want to get a boost for a free sale that you’re planning in a month or willing to go for a .99 cent pricing then go for it. Your luck and timing could be better than mine. The challenge with eReader News Today is that they require the following:
- 4.0 overall star rating on Amazon.
- .99 cent or free pricing.
- Have at least 10 reviews on Amazon.
- Be available on Amazon
That first requirement is the tough one to get because you can’t control the reviews. Well, you can, but that’s cheating. So, if you find yourself meeting those requirements and want to give it a shot then enjoy.