Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Sherbert, etc.

What’s your favorite frozen dessert and why?Β  Also, favorite topping? Discuss.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Sherbert, etc.

1. Icecream, lemon custard πŸ™‚ which is incredibly hard to find. Second favorite is a toss up between hagen daaz black cherry or mint chocolate chip (because it was my mother’s favorite ice cream and it’s nostalgic)… i dont really put toppings on my icecream but if I did it’d be caramel or maraschino cherries. I’m allergic to chocolate πŸ˜€

2. Homemade Ice Cream with a really decadent stir in (like Heath bar). Have a maker and we can really get creative.

3. Kira says:

Banan Split! With chocolate ice cream and the chocolate topping that hardens. As many toppings that will fit in the boat. But there has to be as much chocolate and peanut butter together as possible! lol Of course, this is all wishful thinking on my part since I found out about 10 years ago that I’m allergic to chocolate and sugar 😦 A girl can dream though! Oh, and don’t forget the whipped cream…

4. howanxious says:

Shaved ice with any syrup is one of my favorite frozen desserts.
    I love the ice-creams as well, vanilla being my all-time favorite flavor. But I am not restricted in my choices.. I also tend to like chocolate, butter scotch, coffee, pistachio (yum!) flavored ice-creams.
    As for toppings, I don’t really like them but if I get it done, I prefer simple chocolate chips or chocolate syrup.

5. Coconut ice cream (lactose and soy intolerant – plus, it’s really really good). If I’m feeling like I can face the lactose, i go for a really rich hot fudge topping and a gluten free chocolate brownie. If I’m going light, Italian ice.

6. queenlorene says:

Vanilla frozen custard, roasted pecans and butterscotch topping. When I cant get that, then chocolate with melted natural peanut butter. Neither of which is on my diet plan at present. Thanks for reminding me… πŸ™‚

7. Ice cream, vanilla with chocolate and nuts! πŸ™‚

8. This post made me hungry… Let’s see cookie dough ice cream Yum; wish I had some.

9. mrsgillies says:

In Australia, sherbert is Wizz Fizz. And your version of sherbert is called “Sorbet” over here – pronounced sore-bay. I was discussing this with a Canadian friend the other day – if we hadn’t then i would have been so confused as to why you were lumping sherbert in with frozen yoghurt and ice cream!

10. I love frozen yogurt, vanilla and strawberry swirled. I hardly ever get it, so it is a real treat. Raspberry sherbert and vanilla ice cream is tied for second place. πŸ™‚
    Cool post! (literally! lol!)

11. Sahm King says:

I’m fond of the tears of fallen angels. And Daiquiri Ice, a flavor of Ice Cream I haven’t had since I’ve lived in Berlin, Germany. I miss it soooooo much… That might the reason my sweet tooth has all but disappeared.

12. Plain old French vanilla ice cream. I’m good just like that. But occasionally I will add some caramel topping. But just plain vanilla makes me happy. I can go into a place with dozens of choices and I still get vanilla. I’m really not a boring person though.

Home made vanilla…then I can add just about anything to it for variety…maple syrup and walnuts make a nice topping, cherries and chocolate also…or blue berries and strawberries…just about anything….

14. Ellespeth says:

Hot fudge sundae with any kind of ice cream! Luckily…too late to go out for one tonite and we don’t keep ice cream in the freezer.
    Ellespeth

15. Ben and Jerry’s late night snack – vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl and fudge-covered potato chip clusters.

Ice cream, chocolate, and potato chips all rolled into one. Enough said. Haha.

16. Ann Marie Meek says:

Now I’m craving ice cream, and all I have in the freezer is some nasty sugar free stuff with an ice crystal forest growing on top. My fave is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla with Hershey’s choc. syrup. πŸ™‚

17. Ann Marie Meek says:

Oh yeah, and another big fave of mine – a lime sherbet float with pineapple juice and 7-up. Perfect!

18. Chocolate icecream! No topping required, but chocolate sauce is always acceptable, LOL! πŸ™‚

19. J.A. Romano says:

Strawberry ice cream, no toppings. Although, vanilla ice cream with strawberries as toppings… Now that’s a dessert. Going to change my answer to the latter dessert. I’ll probably come back later to choose a different dessert. xD

Hmm. I’m partial to Ben & Jerry’s Everything but, because it has chocolate, peanut butter cups, chocolate covered almonds, and Heath. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah. But if I go the sundae route: vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, M&Ms, and sprinkles.

21. Tacey says:

I haven’t had one in a loooong time but favorite is mint chocolate chip Haagen Daaz, chocolate sprinkles, strawberry topping!! Gee, I may have to find one today…

22. Tacey says:

Ooh and certain Ben & Jerry’s but I can’t think of them now.

23. Saunved says:

Anything chocolate…and I am in!

24. Hazelnut and pistachio ice-cream on cone!

25. feltenk says:

Ice cream esp. mint chocolate chip!

26. 1WriteWay says:

The best frozen dessert I ever had was homemade vanilla ice cream with macadamia nuts and fudge syrup. It was such a simple dessert, but absolutely lovely. It’s been my favorite ever since.