This is probably going to be a short post because I have no idea what I’m doing here. It’s been suggested that I set up a Patreon, but I can’t figure out how that would work since I only do books. Since it’s a monthly prize, I can’t do a t-shirt every month because I’d eventually run out of pictures . . . Do I have pictures because I don’t know if the covers would work? All so confusing.
Some ideas that were suggested:
- A monthly poem or character sneak peak.
- Preview chapter from an unreleased book. How would this not backfire?
- Stickers . . . Same issue as t-shirts?
- A monthly Ichabod Brooks story exclusive to Patreon. The challenge here would be finding time to write it every month when I’m struggling to get to War of Nytefall. By the way, click that link for the new book. (I guess I could offer the published stories at first, but that feels a little lazy.)
- Offer a cameo in a future story. That would be fun, but I don’t see how that could function as a monthly prize.
- Pictures that you can’t show at work. Pretty sure this was suggested as a joke. At least I hope it was.
This whole thing kind of falls into the same category as making a store with t-shirts, mugs, and other items. I don’t know how to pull it off without losing money. Really wish I could find a way to get Fizzle plushies, but that’s another money problem. That problem being that I can’t afford it.
Anyway, do any authors out there use Patreon? If so, what do you do for rewards and how do you keep that going along with your projects, job, and personal life?