So, I got to thinking about how most of my books fall into umbrella categories. These are groupings that range from massive to small, but it does show I have a weird series of patterns:
- Core– Legends of Windemere, Quest of the Brokenhearted, War of Nytefall, Sin, Darwin, Elysium Saga, War of the Tainted, Ruins of the Zodiac Gods, Ryusuke, and the Grand Finale.
- Mylrixians– Project Phoenix, Savior, Psi-Child, Gearhead Princess, Ninja Never Wins, Rose of the Damned, Charioteers, Starlets, and Serum. These are all of the superhero ones and there could be others in the mix.
- Windemere History– Gods’ Fall, Tears of Gola, Gabriel’s Song, Blundering 7, and Selenia Trilogy. One could probably put War of Nytefall in here too.
- Organizations– Coven of the Grey (Witches), Monster Hunters, Ruin Divers, Wraith Slayers, Brian Hunter, Enigma Eye, Phi Beta (no idea if this is right), Garden of the 4 Sisters, and Lords of Hyperscape. These are all various groups that range from a type of specialist to military to a fantasy sports thing.
- Kingdom Builders– Sutyra, Tiara Wars/Sword of Bone, Keys of Eden (100 monster search), and Lions of Trune.
- Wandering Heroes– The Druid, Jack, Angel of Tears, and Child of the Hunt.
- Ichabod Brooks– The man deserves a category.
- Fae Tales . . . These guys do seem to be way out in left field since I’m no longer sure if I’m going to do this one. Been leaning towards adding the fairy stories to the Garden of the 4 Sisters or pepper other series with the characters from this since I never locked in a real idea.
So, that’s really it. Funny thing is that I’m writing this in early January, but I’m starting to get an idea of giving each of the unpublished ideas a Sunday post. Make that the ‘Future’ day whenever it’s open. I already did an overview of the Mylrixians. By now, I’ve probably done a bunch of Keys of Eden beasts too. Anyway, this is what I’ve got in the pipeline and would love to finish writing before I die. And people wonder why I get so twitchy when I go without writing. Having these many ideas flushed out in my head and a sense of my own mortality isn’t fun.